twenty-six

dans pov
"daniel! its almost three am! what are you doing up? you have school tomorrow!" my mom is screaming her head off.
"i-im-" i was cut off by the buzz of my phone. phil. he's probably wondering where the hell i am.
"give me that!" she rips my phone from my grip.
"mom-" i try to argue.
"who's... phil?" she looks up at me.
"um-uh- a friend." fuck. my face is red. she knows i'm lying now.
"are you sure?" she squints her eyes quizzically at me. "you know your father and i hate those 'boyfriends' you used to have."
i flinch. she says 'boyfriends' with disgust. my parents are extremely homophobic, my dad more than my mom. my dad used to hit me, thinking  he could 'fix' me. obviously, that didn't work. i still like boys.
sometimes i wished it had worked. sometimes i wished i was never like this in the first place. i dreamed of being normal. their cruel words and my fathers bruises made me hate myself, sometimes what they'd say would get to my head.
the words caused me to hurt myself. they make me ashamed of who i am. i'm not letting their words get to me anymore. not now. not ever.
i grab my phone from my mothers grasp.
"screw you."
i run for the door and i don't stop. i run as far as my feet can take me. i don't look back. tears streaming down my face, my heart's pounding like it's going to leap out of my chest. i run to the only person i know who will accept me for me.
i run to phil.

A/N: wOwZa (i edited this a bit so if it keeps saying i updated it thats why)