Last school day

Loud noises, many people, confused teachers and empty locker. That's what the last day is basically about in school. Zac stands together with Vanessa, Corbin and Dave in a corner of the hall. Zac's arms are wrapped around Vanessa from behind while they talk about their vacation "I'm gonna go to Japan" Dave says excited and everyone seems impressed. It turns out that Corbin hasn't got any plans for the summer vacations neither does Zac. Vanessa turns around in his arms and smiles up at him "We could make one together" she says happily and Zac looks into her eyes "That sounds like a good idea" he agrees and kisses her forehead. Suddenly the teacher close to them yells out the name of their class. Those who are going to church shall get into a group. Zac kisses Vanessa softly then walks away. He was raised agnostics and feels free to go to church or not. Church bores him so he leaves him. As he watches all his classmates walk away and then makes his way through the corridors to the library. There he spends most of his free time in school. He turns to his right and walks along the way to some stairs. There he takes stair for stair upwards. As he reaches the long dark way towards the library he gulps. He always was scared of the dark. Goosebumps run along his tanned skin and he feels slight icy sweatdrops on his head that slowly runs down his face. He takes small steps in the dark along the wall. His shaky hand slides along the cold wall to find something to turn on the light. He hears his own breath echoing on the cold, white walls. Suddenly he thinks he hears something and gasps. He looks around in panic but doesn't see anything. "Just go back. Go!" His panicked mind yells at him. He feels like chocking while his hand keeps searching. Finally! Finally he got something and he turns on the bright, white light which he usually hates but now it feels like a big relief. He leans against the wall. Noone was there. He was totally alone. He takes deep breaths and then starts laughing. He laughs loudly into the now so awkward silence. Laughing about himself feels good in this situation. The phobia of the dark has been taking the upper hand clearly, or not?