Punishment

Starla sees how ashamed her son is and knows that he was a good educated boy, but he has to get a punishment for what he did. She takes a breath then looks at him without her narrowed eyes, but still angry. Zac was scared and insecure of how bad this conversation will end. He clinches his fists in fear and looks straight into his mom's eyes. Starla starts talking in an unfamiliar strict and angry voice "You aren't going out anywhere after 8pm from now on. You have to be at home at this time too and whenever you come 5 minutes later, you will stay at home for a week" when she finishes, she knows that it was a hard punishment, especially for a teenager like him, but she won't change her mind. Zac looks down and nods his head without any clue what to say now. He doesn't want to start a discussion or fight with his mom now. Starla grabs his arm then and says a bit harsh "And now you're going to get home" she pulls him outside and Zac gives Vanessa one last apologizing and sad look before Starla closes the door after him. Vanessa stands there in shock and surprise of how Starla acted. She never knew that Zac's mom could be so strict and mean. She sighs and shakes her head a little then goes upstairs and starts to clean all the mess that those people made. Meanwhile, Zac has locked himself into his room. He wasn't crying and neither he was angry. Actually he feels empty and monotone. No sign of emotions run through his body or mind. He just sits on his bed and stares onto a wall as suddenly the door opens and David comes in. Zac turns his head to him and then back to the wall. With an unfamiliar monotone voice he says loud and clear "What do you want? I put the paper on my door saying "Keep out" for a reason". David sighs and sits on the bed behind Zac and lays a hand on his shoulder "I want to talk to you" he says in a calm and soft voice. As Zac turns around and looks at him, he smiles softly with his hand still on Zac's shoulder.