Slowly recovering

On the following day, it was Wednesday, Zac gets up and was still feeling weak and tired. His back still hurts and he can feel it with every step he takes towards the bathroom. Anyways, he plans to go to school today. He already missed so much and doesn't want to fail this year. He gets ready and grabs his school bag then heads downstairs. His parents were already at work and as he grabs an apple, he can hear a knock on the door. He opens and was face to face with Vanessa. He smiles and was about to kiss her, but she lays a finger on his lips "What are you doing here?" She asks with a raised eyebrow and doesn't plan on letting him go to school. They have still an hour left because a teacher was ill so they have a free period this day. Zac didn't know that of course because he wasn't at school. Zac mumbles with her finger on his lips "Going to school?" He kinda knows he won't get to school as long as she was in such a mood. Vanessa sighs and lays her hand on his cheek "Zac, I see that you aren't feeling that well. Why don't you do yourself and me a favor and stay at home?" She pushes him softly on his tummy to make him go back. Zac sighs and takes some steps back inside and says "Because I already missed out so much. I can't stay at home anymore" Vanessa closes the door behind her and softly slides the bag from his shoulder. Her warm hands run along his back gently and slow and she can feel how his body flexes and he winces a bit in pain. She looks into his eyes as she continues to talk "Zac, you're a good student okay? Noone will die when you stay at home for a little longer" She grabs his hand and leads him back upstairs. When she got him back into bed she makes him lay on his tummy and after pulling off his shirt, she puts some cream over his back to make the bruises and so on go away. She can feel how his breathing got heavy and feels a bit guilty for what she does, but knows it'll help him to get better. The hours pass and Zac was tight asleep. To make him staying at home was all Vanessa could do. She'd like to stay all the time to keep an eye on him but her mind tells her to go to school. But as soon as the school finishes, she runs back to his place. As far as she knows, Zac needs someone at home. He might doesn't seem that scared of being alone, but deep inside he is and Vanessa can feel that. When she walks inside, she notices the house being completely silent. That was surprising for her, because she expected Zac at least being already awake. She slowly walks upstairs into his room and notices Chappelle and the other puppy he found, they called it Darla, laying near his room. She kisses each of the dogs then silently walks into the room. She smiles as she sees Zac sleeping tightly on the bed. For a moment she expected the worst, but seeing him laying there makes her relieved. She sits down on an edge and combs gently through his hair. After some time she softly pulls away the blanket and lifts his shirt up. Some of the bruises were still there but it doesn't seem that bad anymore. She looks at her boyfriend and can't face how tough his actually is. She's proud of having such a strong man as her boyfriend. She hasn't got much time to gaze amazed at him before he slowly opens his eyes. He lets out a light breath and rubs his eyes sleepy. "Good Morning sleepyhead" Vanessa says in a soft laugh then kisses his forehead. Zac wanted to say something but felt way too tired so he just smiles at her.