Working things out

David sits across Starla and lays his hands on the table as he thinks about how he should start. He sighs then takes a deep breath "I think we should re-think the break. I'm not saying this for me, more for Zac" David looks down and has to sigh even more as he remembers the scene that happened when him and Zac walked to Zac's room. He looks again at Starla who gives him a confused glance because actually they both were sure about the break. She silently starts talking and lays her hand on Davids "Maybe you're right. I mean, we may haven't been as close as when we married but it seems like it's a big deal for Zac to have both of his parents with him in the same place" she looks into Davids eyes and can feel something she hasn't felt in a long time. She ignores it because it was hilarious to think him and her are still close to each other. David nods his head and gets up "I'll be in the garage then to repair our car finally" he says with a light smile. As he turns around he shrugs as he sees Zac standing in the doorway of the kitchen. He smiles softly and pats his shoulder "Hey buddy! How are you now?" Zac just gives him one of his angriest stares and compared to his pale face and dark circles under his eyes, David can't deny that his usual so lovely son looks pretty agressive as Zac just pushes away his hand and walks to the fridge. Starla and David change a glance and David sighs then walks out. Starla gets up and walks towards Zac. "Hey honey, I made some spaghetti in case you're hungry" she says lovingly as she softly combs through his hair. Zac looks at her with a water bottle in his hand and just shakes his head. Starla smiles but was worried since she can't remember seeing him eating since he had this accident. She sighs and nods her head "Alright, but if you are hungry just give me a sign okay?" She kisses his head and can feel him nodding then he says silently with a raspy voice "Okay i'll keep it in mind". As he walks back upstairs, Starla looks after him with a worried sigh and her arms crossed. She lightly shakes her head then sits back to her laptop to finish work.