Feeling Better

Vanessa snuggle tight into Zacs arms and feels safe with him. Her crying got less until it finally stops. She can feel his warm hand lifting up her head as she looks into his oceanblue eyes she forgets everything for a moment. He smiles softly and as she feels his soft lips on her forehead she closes her eyes with a smile. She never imagined to feel so well by his side. Zac strokes her cheek softly and says in a calm and warm voice "I think you could use some sleep now" Vanessa nods her head and opens her eyes again. As he lays down she instantly snuggles into his arms and feels cozy as he pulls the blanket softly over both of them and closes his eyes with his arms wrapped around her tightly. She rests her head in the crook of his neck and within ten minutes both of them fall asleep. They sleep very tight snuggled into the arms of each other. On the next morning a nurse opens the door quietly. She got the information about Vanessas arrival yesterday from Zacs dad. As she sees them cuddled into one bed she can't help but smiles. She has noticed Zac being all different when she was there. Actually he was a quiet and shy guy but with this girl around his craziest side comes out. She silently shakes Zac to wake him up. When he opens his eyes he yawns and looks sleepy and confused. The nurse smiles softly "It's time for your daily routine check, Zachary" she says nicely and Zac nods his head. He slowly gets up so he won't wake Vanessa. When he brushes his teeth he notices that he feels better than yesterday. Although he knows he might be still too weak for leaving it was something positive to feel a bit better. He still has to lean on the sink or anywhere else so he won't just break down out of weakness but he takes it with a casual mood and just tells himself to keep going. He silently walks out of the room after he left Vanessa a note which says where he was. On his way to the doctors room he greets every single person in the hospital. He had no idea why he feels so happy, but he wants to keep this happiness for at least the whole day. He finally reaches the doctors room and knocks on the door. A deep voice tells him to come in.