Helping the enemy

The whole scenario comes off pretty weird as Zac suddenly faces the reality. He lays in the bathtub still. His hands shaky but surrounded by warm water. Vanessa kneels next to the tub with a worried glance and strokes his cheek "Baby, you're okay?" She asks instantly when she notices him being out of the trance. He slowly nods his head and looks into her eyes. "I swear you scared me to death" she admits and sighs out of shock then adds "You laid in here completely staring at the wall and you said some weird things like me being with Jake" she kisses his head gently "but talking about Jake. He waits outside for you" she says and feels a bit uncomfortable. She knows Zac and Jake can't really talk to each other without arguing but she couldn't just throw him out of the house. Vanessa softly wraps her arms around his bare body and helps him out of the tub "Look baby, you're not alone okay? I'll help you all the time" she says softly and kisses his shoulder. She can feel how wobbly he is on his legs and makes him rests his hands against the wall. She grabs a towel and softly dries off his body. When she's finished, she helps him putting on his clothes and then walks outside with him. Jake sits in Zac's room at the chair near his desk and waits for them. He stands up when he sees them coming in and instantly helps Vanessa to get Zac into bed as he was close to break down. Vanessa sits down close to him and combs through his hair calmly as Jake starts talking "How are you doing man?" He asks with a light smile and hopes Zac won't go off mad. Zac looks at Jake and bites his lip. He clears his throat and says in a silent and weak voice "I've been better. What brings you here man?" He asks with a raised eyebrow as Jake plays with his fingers nervously. He looks on the floor as he says "I need your help, Zac" he says confidently and Zac's jaw drops. For what on this earth could Jake need his help. Before he could say anything Jake continues "I know that your mom runs a quite big business and so I was wondering if I might could get a job" he smiles hopeful and Zac sits up, Vanessa lays her hands on his shoulders to tell him to rest then Zac starts talking. "So you're asking me for help. After all you've done to me" Zac's voice seems loud and harsh. Vanessa gently cups his cheeks and makes him look at her "Calm down" she whispers and kisses his nose. Jake sighs and nods his head "Well, yeah. Zac, I'm sorry for everything that happened between us but I want to restart my life. Make it better. And eventually if you'd want to we could try to be friends" he says with a hopeful light smile. Zac sinks slowly back into the bed and licks his dry lips. He could easily call his mom and tell her about Jake. She always could use some employees in her offices and surely wouldn't say no. He looks at Jake. He seems so nice, hopeful and calm. Way different compared to how they first met. The silence becomes awkward slowly, but then Zac nods his head "Alright. I will call my mom later and ask her" he says and then lets out an exhausted breath. Noone could see it but this was harder for him to do than he thought. To give his worst enemy a chance for a better life isn't something he does everyday. Actually he never had enemies so he can't even tell if him and Jake are one. Vanessa leads Jake to the door then and as she comes back she sits down on the bed "You handled that right" she says into the silence when she sees Zac's thoughtful face. She lightly brushes his bangs to the side and smiles "Now get some sleep" she kisses his head and soon Zac falls asleep. Meanwhile Vanessa works downstairs on her laptop to prepare some presentations. When she turns on the laptop she sees a picture of herself and Zac as background and smiles. She can exactly remember how they went to Zac's Grandmother because of her birthday. There Zac showed her the backyard and also a beautiful hidden place. They spent most of the time there until his mom found out. She laughs a bit and soon closes the laptop again. As she stands up she hears footsteps behind her and turns around. Zac steps into the room. He seems pale and tired but smiles "I knew you'd be here" he says laughing and sits next to her. Vanessa lays her head onto his shoulder and after a while Zac randomly turns on the TV. They watch TV for a while until his parents come home.