It's about to go down..

"Yes? Come in!" Zac hears his own voice sounding weak, silent and raspy which doesn't surprise him. The door opens and his mom walks in with some soup. She smiles and puts the soup on his desk then sits on the edge of his bed. She softly combs through his hair and smiles "Hey Zaccy. How do you feel?" Zac sighs and closes his eyes without answering. His mom understands that he feels horrible. She kisses his head and stands up. "I brought you some soup. I guess you're hungry". Zac opens his eyes and gives her a little smile. He loves his mom that she always cares about him and he nods his head "Thanks mom. I will eat it in a few" he sits up and rubs over his face as he takes a deep breath then was about to get up. His mom softly pushes him back on the bed on his shoulder. "You stay there young man. You need to rest". Zac opens his mouth but his mom shakes her head "No buts and doubts Zachary". He pouts lightly but as soon as his mom hands him the soup he starts to eat and getd happy again. His mom kisses his forehead then walks out and closes the door behind her. After 20 minutes he finished the whole soup and puts it on hid beside table next to the tea mug. He lays back on the bed and stares at the ceiling and wonders why he hasn't seem Vanessa yet and neither got a call or text. He sighs and starts to think that she probably doesn't feel the same way as he does. If she would, she'd at least send him a text. He closes his eyes and drifts off into dreams of her and him together against the world. Soon he falls alseep tightly and still dreams about their future how he wishes it'd be. On the next morning Zac wakes up pretty late. Actually he wanted to go to school today, but he still feels like crap so he stays at home. Both of his parents were at work so he makes breakfast on his own and feeds Chappelle. He sits at the kitchen table and eats some cereals as his phone beeps. He looks at it and reads a message from Corbin "Hey dude! Just wanted to check if you're ok and when do you come back here? It's boring lol". Zac laughs a bit and texts back instantly "Thanks man. I'm getting better but i'm not sure yet when i'll return to school" he sighs as he still doesn't see a sign of Vanessa. He finishs his cereals and after that he takes a quick shower and cuddles back into bed. Most of his thoughts are arguing whether Vanessa dumped him, even if they aren't dating, for someone else or if something bad happened. On the late evening his parents come back from work but Zac wasn't interested in going downstairs to them. He rather sits in his room on his bed and cuddles Chappelle while watching TV. Suddenly his dad comes in and sits on a chair "Hey man" he says with a smile and hopes to seem casual. Zac turns off the TV and looks at him. "Hey dad. What's up?" David nervously plays with his fingers and looks down to avoid eye contact with his son. "Me and Mom need to talk to you about something, and i beg you not to freak out" Zac sits up straight and these words make him nervous. He was praying inside that it isn't that bad and hid dad just makes fun of him. But David sighs and looks serious, a really unfamiliar look for Zac.