Chapter 18

Konnichiwa, minna! Sorry, I didn't update during the weekend. It was because... well I'm not gonna lie, I was too lazy and watched TV the whole weekend. I finally got to catch up a bit on my Naruto!! Anyway I know this is a short chapter but... deal with it :p

Lucy dodged the punch thrown at her and in turn threw her own punch aimed for Erza's stomach. She easily blocked it by grabbing her arm and swinging her into one of the padded walls lining the training room. Lucy fell to the floor panting. Her muscles were burning and her lungs were screaming for air. She propped herself up on her elbows and tried pushing herself up but she just fell back down. She heard the clicking of Erza's boots as she crouched down in front of her.

"You're dead," she stated calmly.

"I can see that, Erza," Lucy breathed, pretty pissed.

"Hn, I think that's enough for today," she said, extending her hand.

Lucy gladly took it and Erza pulled her up with monster strength. Lucy was pretty sure she would have gone flying into the ceiling if Erza hadn't been holding on to her arm. She set Lucy on her feet. Her legs felt like jelly and she felt them give way underneath her. Luckily, Erza caught her under her arms, swung her onto her back, and started walking towards the exit.

"Thanks," Lucy said to her.

"What are friends for?" Erza asked as she turned to her, smiling.

Lucy smiled back.

"Plus I might have made you go to practice early and maybe made you do two hours instead of an hour and half?" she finished with her voice going high at the end, as if it was a question.

"Say what?!" Lucy exclaimed, eyes bulging out of her head.

"Keep it down!" Erza whisper-shouted. "Do you want to get caught?!"

"No, sorry. But seriously?" she whispered into her ear, seeing as she was on her back after all.

"Yes, well it was a test of your endurance," she stated in a matter of fact tone. "And..."

"And?" Lucy asked, curious as to how she did.

"You passed!" she said happily.

"Really?!" Lucy asked excitedly.

"Yes, you kept getting up and you lasted the full two hours against me. I am very proud of you, Lucy," Erza said, smiling softly at her.

Lucy's heart swelled with pride. Erza was proud of her. Erza!

"Thank you so much Erza!" Lucy squealed, tightening her hold around her.

"Thank you for what?" Erza asked, confused.

"For being proud of me."

"Aaw, you don't have to thank me for that! You earned it."

"Yes, I am going to tell everyone now!"

"You are not allowed to brag about me being proud of you, or else," she threated.

Lucy gulped.

"H-Hai."

After Erza dropped Lucy off and Juvia bathed Lucy, Lucy slipped her nightclothes on and went down to the kitchen. She grabbed a bunch of food, put it in the basket, put the basket in her canvas bag, and slung the bag over her shoulder. Man, her muscles were killing her, but it was all worth it if Erza was proud of her. She said that Lucy wasn't allowed to brag to anyone, but she didn't know about Natsu, so... she could totally brag to him!