Chapter 16

Hey guys! I've been away the weekend on a school sponsored trip, "Integration weekend" with the whole high school, and we were basically in the middle of nowhere, which meant no signal. NO!!!! To make matters worse, the food sucked and everyone was sick, including me. Boo! Other than that it was pretty fun. There was outdoor laser tag, kayaking (in a pond), tubing (sort of, on a slide?), and a bunch of other stuff. I played night volleyball the one night we were there with a bunch of people in my grade, and even though we were goofing around a lot and what we were playing real volley ball, it was still really fun. Except that friend Jacques sprained his toe by hitting it on the concrete under the field... and he was sick... I felt very bad for him. Also there was this rope bridge thing hanging over a bridge as well but I didn't do it because it was the last day and I didn't want to fall in that muck which was a real possibility cause all the boys were trying to shake people off. Anyway, you guys probably don't care and are only here for the story. Sheesh, people these days. XD And without further ado, here is chapter 16.

It was evening now and Lucy had left her last class early to go to the library and meet up with Levy and Romeo. Erza, Gray, and Cana were walking up the stairs with her. A drunken Cana was teasing Gray about Juvia while he was beet red, and Erza was just blushing as she listened. She had a way of somehow involving herself in things like this. Lucy was half listening as she was more occupied with what Romeo, Levy, and Lucy were going to do about their situation. As they arrived in front of the library doors, Lucy saw Romeo standing there awkwardly, his hand going towards the doorknob then backing away again. Towards it and back again, towards and back again. Apparently he was very nervous about this meeting, so Lucy decided to snap him out of his trance.

"Hey, Romeo-kun!" Lucy greeted coming up to him.

He jumped up in surprise and looked at her.

"Oh, it's just you, Lucy-nee," he sighed in relief.

"Well, well, who is this?" Erza asked, stepping forwards.

Romeo gulped and stood a little straighter.

"I'm Romeo Conbolt, ma'am. A guard in training."

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Romeo. My name is Erza Scarlet."

"Nice to meet you too, Erza-nee."

Erza smiled and Cana came up to him and slung an arm around Romeo.

"Well, aren't yooouuu just the cuuutest," she slurred, pinching his cheeks.

Romeo scrunched his nose in distaste.

"You smell like alcohol."

"Cana's always drunk," Gray said patting him on the shoulder. "You get used to it after a while."

"Yup," Lucy agreed. "Now let's go in."

Lucy opened the doors, and yelled, "Levy-chan!!!"

"LU-CHAN!!!" Levy screeched even louder than her.

Levy tackled Lucy in a hug, making Lucy effectively fall on her bum. This seemed to happen every time she came here.

"Levy-chan..." Lucy complained.

"Gomen, Lu-chan," Levy apologized, sheepishly rubbing the back of her head. "I just haven't seen you in a while."

"I know, I'm sorry, Levy-chan. Everything's just been a bit... hectic lately," Lucy said, emphasizing the word hectic.

Levy immediately seemed to get the message and stood up.