Chapter 7

Some major Gruvia here people! I can't help it! I love them! And there will be more coming up.

Erza had appointed Gray to accompany Lucy back to her room after her secret training session. It had been her first session of hand-to-hand combat and Lucy was pretty sure that she had bruises all over her body. She hadn't managed to land even one hit on Erza, and that was pretty demoralizing, even if it was her first lesson. You could say that she was constantly challenging herself that way. Erza had chosen Gray to accompany her back to her room, not because she really needed to be accompanied, but to give Juvia a chance to give Gray their anniversary present.

They arrived at the door of her room and Gray was about to leave when Lucy held him back.

"Wait here a second," she said.

He looked at her quizzically before nodding. Lucy entered the room and looked around for Juvia. She saw her sitting on the one of the couches in the sitting area of the room hugging a gray, knit scarf to her chest. She walked over to her and said softly, so as not to startle her, "Juvia."

Juvia looked up quickly.

"Oh, Lucy-san. You're back already?"

"Yeah. Its 8:30, Juvia."

"Really?! Juvia didn't notice! Juvia has been working on Gray-sama's present all day!"

"I know and it looks great! Gray is waiting outside the room, ok?"

"O-Ok. Lucy-san?"

"Yeah?"

"Juvia is nervous," Juvia said, wringing her hands, the worry evident in her sapphire eyes.

"Don't worry, Juvia. I'm sure everything will be fine," she said reassuringly, but truth be told, Lucy was a bit worried because Gray wasn't in the best of moods today, but she didn't want to tell Juvia not to give it to him today, she had worked all day on this present! "If Gray acts like an idiot, I will personally see to his punishment," Lucy growled protectively.

"J-Juvia is sure there will be no need for that, Lucy-san. Alright, Juvia is ready now."

"Okay. Go."

Juvia nodded resolutely and left the room after putting the scarf in a nice gift bag. Lucy waited patiently on her bed, but on the inside, she was super anxious. If this went over well, this would be one major step towards Gruvia! Yes, Gruvia. It was Mira who made it up. She was pretty much the ultimate matchmaker of the castle. Sometimes... it could get a little creepy, honestly. Instead of waiting around and doing nothing, Lucy decided to change, maybe take a quick bath from the sweat covering her body. She stripped and grabbed a towel and her nightgown before stepping into her personal bathroom. This was going to be nice.

Lucy stepped out of the bathroom in her nightgown with her hair up in a towel. The first thing Lucy heard was a sniffling sound coming from the direction of the balcony. Dread instantly filled her. She was frozen for a moment before she hurried to the balcony. She discovered that the balcony door was slightly ajar. She silently opened it to reveal a huddled up figure with blue wavy hair. Oh, no, she thought. She walked over and sat down beside Juvia. Juvia hadn't noticed her yet and Lucy could see that she had tears brimming in her beautiful, sapphire eyes, and it looked like she was trying hard not to make too much noise crying.

"Juvia?" Lucy said gently.

"Lucy-san?" Juvia said, snapping her head in her direction.