Chapter 8 | Duo

[Matthew's P.O.V] 

 I raised an eyebrow at Alfred. "What do you mean?" I tried to look as oblivious as possible. 

 "Ya know what I mean~" he said and wiggled his eyebrows. I gulped. 

 "Oh that? That wasn't anything." I faked a laugh. There is no way Alfred is going to make me talk about something so awkward. 

 "I'm sure something about [name] only being in a towel is something~" 

I nearly choked on nothing when I saw Arthur and Francis smirk in the background. 

Oh f*ck you Alfred. 

Francis laughed. "Something interesting happened earlier, non? Was it l'amour?" 

"FRANCIS NO," I almost screeched. 

"Francis stop being a-" Arthur was in the middle of starting another fight with Francis when a loud thud echoed through the hallway. 

"What was that?!" Alfred was first to react. He ran to where the sound came from.I furrowed my eyebrows and ran to where the sound came from. 

Was that [name]? 

 I stopped at the end of the staircase where [name] was lying down. She was cursing under her breath."Not my lucky day today, huh," She muttered while trying to stand. Alfred tried to assist her. 

"I can barely feel my legs..." 

 "Dudette, are you going to be alright? Do you need to go to the hospital?" Alfred picked her up and carried her."No," she muttered. 

"They're just kinda bruised, I guess..." 

 "[Name]! What happened!?" Oh my maple. What happened?! 

"Slipped," she said before chuckling. "I'm sorry, I'm just really clumsy... I'm going to be fine." She struggled out of Alfred's grasp and landed on her feet. "I'm perfectly fine! No need to worry. I just need some pain killers, I think." 

 "We'll go get some right now. We'll go to the closest pharmacy. Matthew, you stay with her, okay?" Arthur said. He pulled Alfred and Francis out of the hallway. [Name] and I stared at each other awkwardly. She laughed. 

"I got them so good!" 

 "Huh?!" I was surprised."You see, I knew Alfred would tease you about what happened earlier so I hurried up dressing so I could save you from your brothers. I fell, unfortunately, but I still scared the f*ck out of them." She giggled. 

"My legs are dead! Uhuuu~" she mocked."The lengths up to which you go to is amazing..." I laughed."I'd do anything for a duo like us." She winked in a goofy way. I felt my cheeks warming up again. Why does [name] always have this kind of effect on me? 

"About earlier..." I started. [Name] waved her hand dismissively. "T'was an accident, nothing to get worked up over..."I laughed. 

"Yeah, that was nothing." 

"Oh and Matthew, about my legs," [name] suddenly blurted."What?" I raised an eyebrow at her."They really do hurt and I can't stand for this long." She said while almost collapsing to the ground. Luckily I caught her. 

"Yeah... I think I'll need your assistance to walk." She chuckled while I held on her shoulder and waist to hold her up."Why walk?" I picked her up and carried her in my arms. "Isn't this much better?" 

"It's awkward, but I'm lazy so I'll just let you do the walking thing for both of us." She smiled and let me carry her. "I didn't expect you to be strong enough to carry me, y'know..."I chuckled. "I work out," I jokingly said. 

"With Alfred? Because I think he's also pretty strong to have been able to carry me earlier." 

"Sometimes. Yeah." 

"Well, can you please bring me to my room?" I almost didn't notice I was just standing there. "Yes, ma'am!"I slowly and carefully carried her upstairs. I didn't want to let her fall. That would just be horrible. I made sure not to let her feel uncomfortable too. 

It's just so weird. 

She's so close to me and I want to make sure that she's always comfortable around me.When we reached her bedroom door, she tried to stand up, but I told her it was fine. 

"Don't bother, your legs would get worse..."When I set her down on her bed, she looked tired."Are you alright?"She laughed. "It's already two in the morning. What are we doing staying up this late?"I smiled. 

"Hey, [name], it's time to go to sleep. I'll give you your pain killers later, eh?"She yawned. "Alright, I'll just sleep for now." She pulled her blanket over her."Get some sleep too, Matt-hew... thanks for the help~"I smiled and let myself breathe deep. Why is my heart beating so fast?  

---

Word Count: [766]

Word Count + Summary: [952]

---

Summary:

Alfred: So, Mattie...When are you getting married?

Matthew: Uh...What?

Alfred: When will I have Grandbabies?

Matthew: Ah--- YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY DAD!

Alfred: Then what was that?

Matthew: W-What was what?

Alfred: *mushy kissy lovey dove sounds*

Matthew: That didn't even happen!

Alfred: Says who?

Matthew: Says me!

Alfred: Then where's my babies?

Matthew: AL!

*thump*

Alfred: Wazz that?

Matthew: [name]?

*Matthew and Alfred ran up to see...*

Matthew: Uh...*sees Reader flat on the floor with only her towel on* *nosebleeds*

Alfred: Dude. *slaps Matthew*

Matthew: H-Huh? *sees Reader with her original clothes on*

Alfred: You okay, [name]?

Reader: Ahh yes~ I'm very fine after slipping and almost falling down the stairs. I'm good.

Alfred: Well, I'm not even gonna help you up and will buy you some meds instead~ *drags Arthur and Francis Along*

Matthew: I'm so sorry, [name]. *helps Reader up even though it was originally Alfred who helped her up*

Reader: It's okay! After all! We're a duo, aren't we?

Matthew: Yeah!

Reader: And since we're duo, that means you carry me. *falls onto Matthew*

Matthew: Uh, what? Er..okay then?

*Matthew carries [name] to her room*

Reader: Welp, thanks for that :D Hope you don't develop this thing called 'feelings'. Good night~! 

*Reader then sleeps*

Matthew: Well sh*t.