Chapter 1 | Teleportation

[Reader's P.O.V]

Surprises are sometimes good, and sometimes they just make no sense. Take what happened earlier for an example; I was slowly starting to disintegrate in front of my own eyes. I definitely didn't expect that when I walked into the pentagram. Seriously, how could that even happen?

I don't even know what's going on anymore. I was disappearing from reality in a magic pentagram just a while ago and now I'm in an unknown room. I, surprisingly, woke up tucked nice and cozy in a bed. It's weird, I don't even know where I am. How can I just suddenly be here?

Teleportation? No way. It's impossible, isn't it?

Maybe I'm just in one of the many rooms in the mansion. Hopefully that's the case because I wouldn't know how to react to having been teleported. The room doesn't look like it's part of the mansion, though. The room is essentially a red and white color theme with exception to some items. It's prominently designed with a maple leaf pattern. Come to think of it, it looks like a room Matt would have.

I sat up from the bed. "Matt? Allen?" Maybe those two are here? I did see Matt right before I basically just disappeared or something. Geez, I really need to get some things straight.

I was about to get out of bed, when someone walked into the room right on cue. I stared at him with my eyebrows furrowed as he proceeded to close the door. He looks so familiar! Scratch that, he looks exactly like Matt with exception to some things. Instead of Matt's long strawberry blonde hair, deep purple eyes, sunglasses, muscular build and intimidating aura, he had slightly orange tinted hair, lighter purple eyes, a pair of circular glasses, a scrawny build and a generally approachable aura. He was also carrying a small polar bear in his arms.

I slowly raised an eyebrow at him. "Matt?" Is it really him? He seemed mildly surprised when I talked at first, but then he calmed down. He shook his head. "I think you might have the wrong person, ma'am." I barely heard him speak due to his faint voice. My chest tightened and my heart beat quickened. Who is this guy and where am I?!

I was still speechless when the man decided to speak up again. "Let me introduced myself," he paused for a second, "My name is Matthew Williams."

And that's when basically all of my composure collapsed. What does he mean his name is Matthew Williams?! Is this guy seriously telling me that he almost has the same name as Matt and he they look the same?! Is this an error in the matrix or the known universe?

"Who?" The miniature polar bear in the man's arms spoke up with a high pitched voice. Okay, seriously, what is going on? A talking polar bear?! "I'm Matthew..." The man repeated to the bear.

"You've got to be kidding me..." I muttered. "You're telling me you're not Matt?" I stood up from the bed and walked up to him. "This isn't funny! Is this a prank or something?!"

"I'm sorry, ma'am. I really don't know who Matt is. It sounds like my name, but it's definitely not me. I don't know what's happening, either. I heard a loud thud in my basement and you were there." The man put his bear down and placed his arms on each of my shoulders. "Please calm down so we can talk about this, eh?"

I started shivering in fear. I'm in an unknown place, this guy is telling me I suddenly appeared in his basement and there is a talking polar bear here. "I don't know how I got here... I don't know you... You're not Matt and I..." I tried to stay calm but I couldn't. Nothing added up. I wiped the tears in my eyes profusely. "Please don't cry," the guy said worriedly between all his stuttering. "Kumashiro, help me!" The bear tucked on my arm. "Hey, can you please calm down?"

I tried to talk between my sobs. "Please, I don't know how I got here." The man rubbed my back while telling me to calm down. After I stopped crying, he let me sit on a maple leaf designed sofa and gave me coffee mixed with maple syrup.

I finally calmed down after a few minutes. I sighed, it only meant we'd finally get to have an understandable conversation that would probably confuse me more.

"So, do you remember how you got here now?" I stared at Matthew for a while. I have repeatedly told him I don't know how I got here. Seriously, Matthew? "I really have no idea..."

"Do you have any memories?" He probably thinks I have amnesia now. "I have all my memories! I just... Don't understand what just happened."

He paused for a while, thinking of a response. "Any theories?" I turned away from him. I do have a theory but it sounds crazy. "Teleportation?" I'm sure he thinks I'm crazy now.

"It could be..." Wow he actually considers it? It's either that or he's just going along with whatever I'm saying. "Do you really think I could've teleported or are you just going along with what I'm saying until you get the opportunity to report me to the authorities?"

Matthew stopped a chuckle from escaping from his mouth. "No, I'm not going to report you to the authorities. I don't think anyone would just randomly show up in my basement like you." I sighed in relief. "Great! I know I'm bothering you right now, so I'm sorry. I do sound kind of crazy so it's nice that you can understand."

"To be honest, your teleportation story sounds a little crazy, but you don't look like someone who would lie." Matthew smiled at me. I didn't know he was so kind. Matthew is like a precious cinnamon roll. "It's hard to believe, I know. But there's no other explanation to how I got here. I was just sitting in a pentagram then poof! I'm here. Magic!"

His eyes widened like he had an idea. "Did you say that your teleportation was magic related?" I nodded. He smiled victoriously and said, "I might know someone who specializes in magic."

Seconds later, Matthew was already making his way to a telephone. Wait, a telephone? I might be able to call Matt!

"Stop right there, Matthew!" I grabbed the telephone before he could and dialled the number. Strangely, the number wasn't recognized. "That's weird." Matthew stared at me while I tried to dial the numbers over and over. "Why isn't it working?" Matthew gave me a sympathetic look. Then realization hit me. The reason why Matt and Matthew look the same and why I can't call home. I'm in a different dimension. "Matthew... I think I teleported from a different dimension." I put the phone down.

Matthew raised an eyebrow at me. He gradually calmed down then held my hand. "I really need to call him," he said. He grabbed the phone and dialled the numbers. Minutes later, Matthew had already arranged a meeting with his friend. He put the phone down. "My brother will be here at eight. Can you manage waiting?" I nodded profusely. If it's what it takes to bring me back home then I'll wait.

-------------

Summary:

Reader: ..... *stares at Matthew*

Matthew: ...... Who are you?

Reader: Matt?

Matthew: Sorry, I think you have a wrong---

*Reader went up to Matthew, pinch both of Matthew's cheeks, and started pulling, examining him*

Reader: Are you sure?

Matthew: Ow....

Reader: I mean, you're just as hot as Matt, but...

Matthew: *blushes*

*Reader realizes on why both Matt and Matthew are have similar names and appearance*

Reader: Mattie-poo! *starts crying*

Matthew: Please don't cry!

Kumacheckers: *went up to Reader-chan* Ve~

Matthew:...........I think I'll call someone...............................................

Reader: Matthew! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS! *grabs Matthew's shoulders*

Matthew: Uhh?

Reader: DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!?! *starts shaking him*

*Reader finally lets go*

Reader: I have been teleported!

Matthew: Are you crazy? Well, if that's the case then...*went to call the doctor --- I mean his brother*