Chapter 5 | Ghost?

[Reader's P.O.V]

"F*ck," I muttered as I jumped off my bed and ran into the closet, leaving a small opening so Alfred and I can look out. This can't be a real ghost. It's not true. Well, actually, I'm not from this place, so I don't know about that, and maybe ghosts do exist here...

WHATEVER! I'm already hiding in the closet! If there is a ghost, Alfred is going to suffer with me. This is all his fault anyways... He suggested a ghost hunt and now, if it's true, a ghost is haunting us!

I turned to Alfred, who hasn't said anything since the crashing sound. He had this horrified look that made him look ridiculous. He was just staring aimlessly with wide eyes. It looks like he's petrified. I mean, is he really that scared?

Alfred muttered in his trembling voice, "Oh sh*t, I hope the plan works. I can't punch it if it doesn't. F*CK-" I pulled my hand over his mouth before he could start screaming. "Shut up or else it'll hear us," I whispered. He licked my hand. I pulled it back while muttering about how gross he was. He didn't seem bothered by it. "I get that. No need to put your hand on my mouth!" D*mn, he's just as annoying as Allen.

I heard some angry mumbling from outside, like people were arguing. I didn't have time to question that because, soon enough, the door started creaking open. The door just had to make a creaking sound, didn't it?

"I wanted to meet this new girl!"

A ghost of a guy with long hair entered the room. It was a horrifying pale color of white. Not exactly the creepy black haired girl I expected, but still scary.

I didn't notice that Alfred and I have been screaming until the ghost turned to us and made it's way towards us, almost tripping over the food Alfred put on the floor in the process. Alfred and I immediately clung to each other. His grip was actually really strong, like he could possibly fracture my shoulders if he squeezed any harder. Anyways, we were going to die, and I still haven't met Matt...

"Alfred, mon ami, what are you doing inside the closet?"

I paused for a second... What? The ghost had a French accent (which I definitely didn't expect), and even knew Alfred! Is this serious? Alfred took a long stare at the ghost. He muttered a name. It was too shaky to understand.

Seriously though, what the hell is going on? They know each other? I supressed a frustrated sigh. I just gave up already. F*ck everything. I clenched my fist and punched the ghost in the stomach. It worked, which ineffably demeaned Alfred's earlier fear of not being able to punch ghosts. Interesting... Who knew people could do that?

The ghost fell to the floor with a surprisingly girly scream for a male ghost. It felt sort of surreal, but I soon found it a perfect opportunity to escape. "C'mon, Alfred, let's get out of here!" He shook his head and pulled his hand away from my grip. "But that's my brother!"

"Your brother's a French ghost?!"

"No! Just look at him!"

I looked down at the figure I just punched down. It turns out it was just a normal guy covered in some weird white powder. Flour, probably. And strangely, he looked familiar... He looked like Francois. Of course, he just had to look like Francois. They always look the same here.

"Pleasure to meet you, miss." He gave me a smile despite the fact that he was hurt and sprawled on the floor. While it was an oddly nice gesture, it was instantly hard to believe that he did that. He acts like the opposite of his look-alike, just like everyone does with their 'counterparts'. Sometimes it's too hard to believe.

I gave him a forced smile. "Oh please, the pleasure is all mine..." I don't really think it was pleasurable for him to get punched in the stomach, but punching him let me take out some of my frustration, so really, the pleasure is all mine.

Alfred and I awkwardly stared at the guy I punched down for a long moment. It took me a while to notice that Matthew and Arthur have been watching from the doorway ever since I punched this guy. Arthur is laughing his arse off and Matthew is actually kind of worried.

"I told the bloody frog not to go inside! That idiot!" Arthur said between laughs while entering.

Matthew entered and helped the guy up. "Are you alright, Francis?"

"I'm perfectly fine, Matthew. Especially after meeting such a beautiful girl!"

What did he just say? I gave Matthew a confused glance. He shrugged. "He's just like that. He thinks everyone is beautiful." Francis butted in, "That's because it's true, Matthew."

"Oh." I shrugged like Matthew did. "I'm [name] [last name] by the way." He gave me a wink. "Francis Bonnefoy, at your service."

Matthew suddenly furrowed his eyebrows. "Why are you two hiding in the closet?"

"Ghost hunting," Alfred and I answered whilst finally remembering to walk out of the closet.

Arthur suppressed a bitter chuckle. "You should have chosen better partner. Alfred is useless at that."

"Shut up, Arthur!" 

--- Summary ---

Reader: well, f*ck. The hero is afraid, there's a ghost and im going to die
France: I am a normal person, barging into people's rooms covered in flour
Reader: *punches france*
France: *rekt*
Alfred: *still in the closet*
Arthur and Matthew: We were watching everything
Francis: *character introduction time!*
Matthew: *makes everything awkward*
-------