Chapter 7 | Falling For You

[Reader's P.O.V] 

 I sighed and sunk in the bathtub. I asked Matt...er..Matthew if I could take a warm bath since...I am kind of stressed out from this dramatic fiasco going on. "What will I do?" I look up at the ceiling and sighed. 

 "What if they forgot about me?"

"What if Matt has found another?'

"What if I lose the only family that loved me for who I really am?"

"What if...?"I've lost all hope in returning. I...I just wanted to go home... back in Matt's arms...with his pancakes...with his troublesome brother and mom...dad... I can't find the words to describe how I feel right now. Helpless? Hopeless? Ugh! What if I never come back? 

I'm afraid...

I'm afraid that everyone already moved on and just decided to leave me here, wandering about, not knowing where to go. I'm afraid on standing up on my own... 

I'm so afraid...I-I......

I need Matt.

I jumped up as I heard sudden knocking on the door. I let out a sigh of relief as I heard Matthew's voice come from behind the door. "[name]? Are you okay? You've been in there for the past 30 minutes." I smiled an awkward smile even though I knew he wouldn't see it. "I-I'm fine." My voice cracked. 

I heard a loud thump coming from the door. "Heh, sorry. I tried to sit and lean on the door but it kind of failed." I left out a giggle. "D-Did you know? Y-Y-You have a-a n-n-nice giggle...." He sounded nervous. "Why thank you~!" I said as cheerful as I can. It's best if I try to act cheerful. I don't want to upset Matthew.

"Y-You know...You can't h-hide what you feel f-f-from me." He suddenly said. I was surprised at sudden change of tone. "W-What do you mean?" I was trying my hardest to hold back my feels...I mean tears.

"It's pretty obvious. You m-m-miss your boyfriend. What's his name again? Matt is it?" I stayed silent. "He seems to take care of you so well. You must really love him." I covered my mouth and tried to stop the sobbing. "H-He is..I do love him...even though I have never said it directly before...I think." 

"R-Really?." 

"Yeah... Actions speak louder than words, right?"

"Oh, mind telling me how you show him your love?"

"By beating the crap out of him."

No response.

"O-Oh! And uhm...kicking him where the sun doesn't shine."

"....I won't even hide it. Y-You're crazy."

"Thank you~!" 

"But I bet he's lucky to have you."

"I'm surprised that he's still normal after how I much I kicked him when we first met."

"You're hoping to have kids?"

"Kids are troublesome but...eh..he wants little versions of him.."

"Aren't you a bit young for kids?"

"I'm not even sure how old I am now. I lost my sense of time."

"Well, it's 201X now."

"Heh, I'm still not sure." 

I smiled a faint smile and wiped the left over tears away from my ugly face. It was fun talking to Matthew....but I feel weird. I stood up and grabbed the towel beside the door and wrapped myself around with it. I slowly walked to the door and knocked. 

"Matt..-hew. Can you scootch now? I'm going to go out before I start to prune from the water." I turned the doorknob and the door didn't budge. I kept pushing it until it opened and..

...I fell on top of Matthew....

..only wearing a towel....

...with our faces close to each other...

...and with our bodies touching...

I blushed when I made eye contact with him. "Gyaah!" I pushed Matthew downwards, got up, ran to my temporary room and slammed the door. I swear I am NOT going to take a bath while talking to him EVER AGAIN.

[Matthew's P.O.V]

I was speechless. Well, what could I even say after that? I buried my face in my hands and moved my face around like I could wipe the blush off my face. What the Maple was that? It was so weird!I slowly sat up and turned around to see Alfred smirking. 

"Hey Baby Bro~" He leaned in. "W-W-What do you want?" I blushed. "Looks like someone's flustered~" I froze up. "N-N-No, I'm not!" I looked away. "She just fell on top of me..." Alfred gasped. "Sounds juicy..." He put his arm over my shoulder and smirked. "Tell me more!" 

He dragged me to the living room where Arthur and Francis were fighting over which girl is suited for...me? 

"Michelle seems so kind! They'd suit each other so well!" Arthur exclaimed. 

"Maria(1) might be hardcore, but at least she cares and acknowledges him! Plus, Maria is a hottie~" Francis smirked.

[1:Maria is the canon name for Female Prussia ]

"Dudes! Dudes! Dudes!!! Matthew has like, some juicy stories about him and [name]~" Arthur and Francis quickly looked at us, which made me blush like crazy. 

"Do tell~" Arthur and Francis said in sync.

Uh...oh...

-------------

Summary:

Reader: f*ckin' feels, bruh...

Matthew: it might seem weird but I'll talk to you while you're in the bath.

Reader: aww thanks but I gotta go now *opens door and falls on Matthew*

Matthew: uh... What?

Reader: *runs away*

Alfred: Well well well... The annoying brother has a job to do!

Francis and Arthur: *evil smirk*