Chapter 70

I breathe in his scent while my head is still resting on his shoulder and his hand is holding my own.

After a while I can't help it anymore and simply need some answers. I let go of his hand and sit up, staring at him. "And how did you bring me back?" I ask while shifting on the spot on my bed.

"Oh right, I guess I should tell you." He sighs. "You remember Monique, right?"

"Ho-nique?" I ask thoughtfully. "The whore running around here in a maid costume? Yes, yes I think I've seen her once or twice while she tried to get laid by you."

Looking slightly irritated he just shakes his head and continues. "James Brown, her brother offered to help us a while ago and in return he wanted me to protect his sister who is a witch. I needed to find out how to bring you back so I've been really nice to her and did whatever I needed to do to get her to work for me."

"Ah I see, so this is basically solving two problems at once. Your hornyness and getting a spell."

"Amanda, it's not like that-"

"Oh really?" I ask, looking him dead in the eye. "Than say you didn't want to kiss her or do whatever you did with her for example when I was still in the office the other day. You looked at me but continued anyway. That didn't look like being forced to do something to me, but maybe I'm wrong-"

He takes my hand and looks at me "Look, the thing she had to do was really dangerous. She had to go to the other side, grab you and drag you back to the world of the living. She could've failed and would be dammed to stay there too. Of course I had to play along and give her whatever she wants.

Look, I am sorry for what I have done but I need you to forgive me or at least try to. You can do whatever you want with her since I wasn't planning to keep her anyway but please, Amanda, please forgive me.

Forgive me for being an ass and for bringing you back even if you told me to set you free. Forgive me for hurting you and for-"

I put my finger on his lips to shush him and smile at him. "It's alright, John."

Seeing him that desperate and hurt makes me feel sick. Even if I want to, I can't be mad at him. But then again... I didn't tell him who I really am yet. I don't think that I have the right to be mad at him. After all, I am just what everyone told me I was. A piece of shit no one wants. Not even he is able to just want me. He did like doing stuff to Ho-nique, I could see it in his eyes but who can blame him. She has a great body.

"Are you alright, love?" His soft voice is pulling me out of my thoughts and I look back at him.

"Uh, sure." I put on a fake smile and hope he wouldn't push it.

I can see that he isn't believing me but thankfully he gets off the topic. "What you also need to know, that Redshed guy-"

"The guy you threw out of your house because I sat on his lap, right?"

"Right." He says trying to hide any emotion. "He is a vampire-"

Trying to act surprised I pout "So he does know about you! Why didn't you yell 'I love you' then..."

"That would've been ridiculous." He rolls his eyes and I chuckle in response. "Anyway, he will come back which means you have to go."

"Yeah, I got it. No one-"

"It's not that and we both know that." He places his hand on my cheek. "It's because you are human or at leas mortal and I don't want you to get hurt.

I will find out what you are but you cannot be around while Redshed and a few others are here. That's why you will stay at my brother's place again."

Hearing about where I have to stay I can't help but cringe. God, why do I have to stay there?

Because he has no friends and no other safe place for you to be?

I know, now shush.

"I know you don't like him but please try to get along with him, ok?"

I place my hand on top of his hand which is still cupping my cheek and nod.

"So, how long will I stay here?" I ask curiously but not really wanting to know the answer.

"Only for the rest of today."

He lies down again and I snuggle myself into his chest. After a while of lying there in his arms I ask him "Am I still your maid?"
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey.-.

I hope you can forgive me

For what? Idk.

I just hope you like the chapter anyway :)

Love, hugs and kisses

Yours Mel<3