Chapter 21

"Shakespeare? What's so great about Shakespeare?" Nick asked his little brother, Nigel.

"It's the most beautiful thing I've ever read! It's like love in a line!"

"Shakespeare is stupid."

"No it is not! And, I met this girl, and she loves Shakespeare too!"

"Oh really? What's her name?"

"Portia."

"Woah woah woah. Portia? Oh Nigel, you really are an idiot!"

"What do you mean?"

"Nobody is allowed to date Portia. Her dad is like, the pope around here! You cannot like her."

"B-but--"

"It won't happen Nigel. So get over her."

Nigel slumped, a frown on his face. He had been planning on asking Portia to the dance. But that would never happen, not if she was the preachers kid. She probably wasn't allowed to date until she was dead!

•••

Galinda twirled as she stepped, her pink dress flying all around her. "Can you believe Fiyero asked me to the dance! I mean, I know why he would, but it's just so fantastic, isn't it Elphie?"

"Yeah, it's great." Elphaba smiled softly.

"We're going to be Cinderella and Prince Charming. Won't that just be perfect! I just know we'll be crowned king and queen."

"Galinda, it's just homecoming. There isn't a king and queen."

"Well, if there was, we would definitely win." Galinda stated, folding her arms.

"I'm sure you would."

"Who are you going with?"

"Galinda, you know I haven't been asked yet. You would be the first person I tell. But it's not happening. I'm still green."

"Well, there's gotta be at least one guy with a green fetish."

"Gross!"

"I've got to go to choir. And this time, I will show up that Christine girl. She can hit an E6!"

"Bye Galinda." Elphaba waved. She knew she was stupid. Fiyero would never ask her out. Not in a million years.

•••

"Bonnie!" Jack cried, holding out his arms for a hug.

"Hi Jack." she said coldly, walking past him.

"Woah, Bonnie, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

Jack lifted an eyebrow.

"I'm just not in the mood for hugs."

"Why not? Come on Bonnie, you know you can talk to me!"

"Oh really? Because apparently, I can't even tell you a single thing without your little friends telling the whole school!"

"What? Bonnie, what are you talking about?"

"I confided in you. I told you everything I went through with Clyde. I almost even told you about the robbery, and the guns, and the--"

"Wait, what? The robbery? The guns? What the hell are you talking about?" Jack grabbed Bonnie's arm.

Bonnie froze. "Do you really think I'm going to tell you that Kelly?"

"Bonnie, guns? Does Clyde have guns? Did he threaten you?"

"You told everyone about Clyde and I!"

"I didn't tell a soul Bonnie."

"Jack, I didn't tell a soul but you about all this. I knew you had a reputation, but I put my trust in you. And you broke it."

"Bonnie, I swear, I didn't tell."

"Then who did? Who told?"

"I-I don't know, but Bonnie, I-"

"Stop! Stop making excuses! I know you and your little gang. You tell each other everything! You guys gossip more than the Heathers!"

"I didn't tell!"

But Bonnie was already gone.

•••

"Bonnie Parker is a slut. She'll go for any guy who's even remotely attractive. Especially ones that look like me. - Clyde" Heather Duke read the text out loud.

"Send." Heather Chandler said, beginning another coat of paint to her nails.

"Are you sure, Heather? I mean, what do you have against Bonnie Parker?" Heather Mcnamara spoke up.

"She totally has like, two of the hottest guys in school basically begging on their knees for her. Aren't you just a little jealous?" Heather Chandler sighed. "And anyways, it's funny!"

Heather Mcnamara put her head down. "I guess."

Heather Duke hit send. The entire school would know soon. They already knew about Clyde from last nights text session. Now Bonnie was going to lose both of her pretty boys.