Chapter 3

Ella chatted with her friends, laughing. Sandy, Peggy, Bridget, Martha, Portia, and Nessa all sat with her.

"That Boq boy is so cute, don't you think?" Nessa said, staring in his direction.

"Nessa, you're the only one who thinks that. That Danny Zuko though..." Sandy smiled. The other girls nodded their heads in agreement.

"Oh come on, you can do better than Zuko Sandy. You're like the prettiest girl in the school!" Peggy piped.

"I think that's you Peggy." Sandy giggled.

"Who's your crush Peggy?" Martha asked, eying Ram Sweeney.

"Oh, I don't really like anyone." Peggy said, blushing.

"Oh shut up! Everyone has a crush." Bridget smirked.

"Well, I don't." Peggy shrugged. The other girls exchanged looks of doubt, but they left her alone. Peggy breathed a sigh of relief. She hated being asked about crushes. Peggy had never really had a crush, it wasn't her thing.

Christopher walked in, and Ella ran to him.

"Hey princess." Christopher smiled.

"Hey Herman." Ella smirked.

"See, Ella's lucky. She actually has a boyfriend. And he's like, the most popular guy in school." Portia said, her nose stuck in a book.

"What are you reading now Portia?" Nessa asked, peering over the blonde girl's shoulder.

"Oh, it's this wonderful collection of poems by-"

"Oh. Fascinating." Nessa groaned. Portia frowned. She wished someone understood her.

"Well, I'd better go guys. See you later!" Ella said, walking off in her usual elegant manner. Almost everyone at the school admired Ella, she was gorgeous, but she was also nice.

Everyone sat in awkward silence for a moment, then burst into chaotic chatter. Peggy smiled. She was super lucky to have this amazing group of girls to hang out with. She had only been here a couple days, but they had all accepted her. She just wished Eliza could feel the same way.

•••

Eliza walked quickly down the hall, pulling her hair back into a ponytail. She bumped into Alex, and he said something about his latest essay. That boy was nonstop. She was off to French now, although by now she was fluent in the language. On the way there, she ran into a girl wearing a red blazer.

"Excuse me?" the girl snapped, tossing her hair.

"Oh, sorry." Eliza shuffled out of the way, and the girl walked into class like she owned the place. She suddenly recalled who the girl in red was. Heather Chandler. Eliza had been warned about her. She figured she'd better stay on her good side.

•••

Jack ran into the classroom just as the bell rang, slamming his books down on the nearest desk. The teacher stared at him, but then began to talk. Jack pulled out his notebook, completely ignoring the teacher. He looked over, and saw a glimpse of red hair. Bonnie. Jack practically melted in his seat. Bonnie was so beautiful.  He stared at her for a while until he realized she was staring back. His eyes averted themselves as fast as they could. No, he couldn't have a crush on Bonnie. She was Clyde's girl, and Clyde didn't have a great reputation. So I guess he would just have to live with staring at Bonnie and wishing.

•••

Bonnie ran to Clyde as soon as she saw him, and Clyde kissed her on the cheek. Bonnie blushed and fixed her curl.

"Did you know there's a guy who looks exactly like you?" Bonnie asked, sitting down at the lunch table.

"Um, no I didn't actually." Clyde responded, slicking his hair back.

"Well there is. His name's Jack."

"Cool."

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Of course! Now tell me, what should our next job be."

"Clyde, you said you would go straight!" Bonnie groaned. Clyde shrugged.

"Did you really think I could ever stop?"

"Well, yes! We're here, in New York, and you still won't give up on that stupid dream of yours!"

"My dream? Stupid? Says the girl who wants to be in movies."

"Clyde!"

"Bonnie!"

"Agh!"

(Excuse any spelling errors, I'm half asleep)