Chapter 13

Angelica read the text and almost threw her phone across the room. She had received the message from a Miss. Chandler, announcing that Eliza Schuyler was the most horrible girl known to mankind, then stating a hundred fake facts about her beloved little sister. She didn't know how Heather had gotten her number, but it appeared to be a group text. Angelica scanned through the group. Alexander, Peggy, Lafayette, and even Burr were included. It appeared that almost everyone at Nederlander high had gotten the text. There was almost a hundred replies within five minutes.

"Wait, what did you just say about my sister. COME AT ME BRO!" ~Peggy

"Yo, Eliza ain't done nothing wrong." ~Burr

"Um, what'd that chick do to you?" -Jack Kelly, whoever that was.

"OMG TELL ME MORE!" ~Galinda Upland

"Galinda, no. This is gossip." ~Elphaba Thropp

"Sorry. ;)" ~Galinda Upland

"What a bitch. always knew it." ~Heather Duke

"Shut up Heather!"~Miss. Chandler

"Sorry Heather." ~Heather Duke

Angelica had to set her phone down in order to stop her from breaking it in half. Why was this girl attacking Eliza? She picked her phone up again.

"Leave my sister alone, or I swear to God I will end you." ~Angelica

She put her phone down, and then grabbed her jacket. She needed to see Eliza.

•••

{3 hours earlier}

Eliza took her regular seat next to Heather Chandler, looking down at her feet. God that girl was intimidating. She suddenly felt someone tap on her shoulder. She turned around, but no one was there. She looked to the left. Heather was smiling a rather fake smile.

"Yes?"

Heather said nothing, she simply passed her a small folded up piece of paper, with a small lipstick doodled on the top. Eliza slowly opened it, shooting glances at the girl in red.

"You're a loser. xoxoxo."

Eliza stared at the paper. She shouldn't let this get to her. She knew she shouldn't. But it was hard not to. She shoved the note in her pocket and tried to hide the tears that were building in her eyes. Heather smirked, enjoying Eliza's pain. Eliza burned with hatred for this girl. She suddenly stood up. She didn't like being a snitch. But she needed to get this girl into some sort of trouble. She walked up to the teacher, who was sitting silently at his desk. Eliza cleared her throat. He looked up. Eliza gave him the note, let him read it, and then pointed to Heather.

"Eliza, you can't let this stuff get to you. And no one likes a tattle. Please sit down. I would talk to her, but this is Heather Chandler. She won't listen." he explained quietly. Eliza nodded, tears brimming her eyes.

"May I use the bathroom?" Eliza asked.

"Of course. Take the hall pass."

Eliza thanked him and then grabbed the ukulele, also known as the hall pass. She walked out the door and made it halfway down the hall before beginning to cry. What had happened? Her life was great last year, but now everything was falling apart. Her sister was gone, her friends never talked to her, Alexander never talked to her, and now this. She supposed it could be worse, but she wasn't used to this. She'd had a wonderful life. Rich family, good friends. But now...she wasn't sure.

•••

Bonnie sat down next to Clyde, sipping a Starbucks. "Hey baby." she kissed him on the cheek.

"Oh! Bonnie! Hello!" Clyde grinned. "I don't think I formally introduced you to JD. Bonnie, this is JD. JD, this is Bonnie. My girlfriend."

Bonnie waved happily and took another sip. She noticed a girl right beside Clyde, writing in some sort of diary.

"Oh! This is Veronica. My girlfriend. I'm pretty lucky." JD grinned and put an arm around Veronica. Bonnie remembered now. She was one of the Heathers. The one who wasn't named Heather.

"Hi Veronica." Clyde and Bonnie said simultaneously. Veronica finally looked up.

"Hi."

She looked down again.

Bonnie scratched her arm, thinking of something to say in order to end the silence.

"Hey! Maybe we could do a double date sometime!" Clyde suggested.

"Yeah!" JD grinned. "Sound good Roni?"

"Yeah, sure."

Bonnie leaned over to Veronica. "I'm pretty sure they're more into each other than they're into us."

That made Veronica laugh. "I wouldn't be surprised." she giggled.

The bell rung. Everyone went their separate ways. Bonnie bustled down the hall, her short ponytail bobbing. She passed Jack and stopped.

"Hey, I'm sorry that Clyde went after you. He shouldn't have done that."

Jack smiled. "I don't mind. All I need is your smile. Then I'll be fine."

Bonnie blushed. "Jack..."

"Bonnie, look. I'm going to be honest. Do you feel bad about what Clyde did? Are you ashamed of him?"

"What? No!"

"Bonnie."

"A little bit..."

"Then tell me this. Why are you still with him?"

"Because, he's my boyfriend!"

"It's called breaking up!"

"I can't."

"Bonnie. Are you scared of him?"

"Well how could I not be! He constantly beats people up, he's a thief, he's been in jail numerous times! I don't know if I would be safe anymore if I broke up with him." Bonnie let it all out at once, bursting into tears by the end of her outburst.

"Oh, Bonnie..." Jack held out his arms. Bonnie ran into them, crying into his shoulder.

"I don't know Jack. I used to love him, but now all we do is fight. Either that or he ignores me. And then, he has these fits of anger. But I know he still loves me. I can tell. But he can't tell that it's different now. I don't want to break his heart. I can only imagine what he would be like then." she said softly, leaning into Jack's chest. "Oh god, I've just spilled absolutely everything. I'm sorry. I..."

"Don't be sorry. It's alright. And hey. If you ever need it, I promise I will protect you."

{HELP I LOVE BONNIExJACK TOO MUCH AND IT GIVES ME PAIN}