Chapter 7

Eliza walked down the hall, her arm linked with Peggy's. Peggy was babbling on about her day, something about guys doing stupid things. (Which was pretty much all Peggy talked about.)

"And then, he was like 'no homo'  and I was like 'why do guys feel the need to say that?' Because like, girls just compliment each other! It's called being nice! Not hitting on them. And then this guy threatens me! But I wasn't scared of him. So I just walked away." Peggy babbled

Eliza nodded her head. "Well, that's boys for you."

"Why do girls even like guys? I mean, I have friends that are guys, but like, dating one? I don't see it."

{I know that historically, Peggy gets married bUT I HAVE ASEXUAL/AROMANTIC  PEGGY HEADCANNONS.}

"I don't get you Peg." Eliza sighed, shaking her head. "Well, this is my class. See ya later alligator."

"Bye!" Peggy shouted, adjusting her ponytail. The bell rang, and Peggy ran down the hall, her yellow cardigan flying behind her.

•••

Spot glared at Enjolras from across the room. He did not like that kid. The bell rang, and everyone got up and went to their classes.

"Hey, Engotaf or something." Spot shouted. Enjolras turned around.

"That is the worst mispronunciation of my name I have ever heard."

"Yeah, whatever."

"Well, what do you want?"

"I just wanted to say your name wrong." Spot chuckled.

Enjolras sighed and walked to the lunchroom. Another day of gross, um, meat? Possibly meat. And mashed potatoes made from powder. Gross.
•••
Spot walked into the lunchroom behind him and groaned. Not another day of "beef" and fake potatoes.
•••
Enjolras sat down at his table with his squad, aka the "Les Amis." They thought it was a cool name. No one else did. "My god, another day of eating garbage? This calls for revolution!" he joked, raising his fork into the air.

"Honestly, it ain't that bad of an idea." Grantaire said, sipping a Red Bull.

"Grantaire, I thought I told you not to bring that stuff to school. And didn't we have a strike just last week? That didn't work out." Combeferre sighed.

Grantaire shrugged. "Sorry."

"But hey, he's not wrong. Maybe we could do something about it!" Joly added.

The natural leader in Enjolras awakened. "Yeah! I say we strike! Come on everyone, throw your food away."

The group all stood up and dumped their trays into the garbage can. Then they all stood by the lunchroom doors.

"Ok, we've got to get more people involved. This is doing nothing."

"What about the 'newsiez.' Don't know where they got their squad name, but I'm pretty sure it's lamer than ours. But they're a tough looking group." Combeferre said.

"Alright. Let's go!" Enjolras shouted, running towards them.
•••
Spot saw them coming from a mile away. "What do those guys want?" he groaned.

"Join the revolution!" Enjolras smiled.

"The what?" A boy with curly hair and glasses looked over.

"Look at the food on your plate. Do you want to eat it?"

"Well, no..."

"Then join us! We're striking until they get some tastier food!"

"Did someone say strike?" a handsome boy with a blue shirt poked his head up.

"Well, we're not exactly new to strikes." a younger boy with a crutch laughed.

"Told you they'd be good candidates." Combeferre said smugly.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Anyways, will you join us?" Enjolras asked.

All at once, every single boy on the table pumped their fist and shouted "yeah!"

"Good! Then throw away your food and come over here!" Enjolras led a parade to the trash cans, and then they all stood defiantly by the door.

{sorry for the long wait on the update! And that this chapter sucks 😂}