Chapter 9

Bonnie groaned in frustration. "Seriously? You've already gotten suspended once, and you really don't need to again. So no, I will not skip with you."

Clyde looked at her with his best puppy dog eyes. "Please?"

"No!"

"I'll get you something!"

"By stealing it? No thanks."

"Fine." Clyde stormed off, probably headed for his precious car.

Bonnie slammed her locker closed, frustrations and anger filling her. Clyde had promised he would change. But he didn't. She should have expected it. It still hurt though. "I swear to God, that boy will be the death of me."

"What boy?" Jack popped up out of nowhere, grinning cockily.

"None of your business." Bonnie continued to walk.

"Oh come on, aren't we friends here?"

"Nope."

"Was it Clyde?"

"Maybe...oh, go away!"

"Wait. Lover boy being a little troublesome? What a surprise. I would've thought Clyde a perfect angel."

"Ha ha ha. Real funny." Bonnie joked, but she knew Jack was getting to her.

Jack could see that Bonnie was distressed in some way. "Hey look, I'm sorry. I should just leave you alone."

"Yeah, you should."

Jack sighed. "In all seriousness though, you can always talk to me. Trust me, I don't judge."

Bonnie lifted an eyebrow. "Maybe." She wasn't sure why, but she felt like spilling everything right then and there. But she held it in. "Goodbye Kelly."

Jack cringed. Turned down again. And she had used the same nickname Katherine did. "See ya later, Bonnie Parker." he saluted her and walked off, trying to keep his cool. He saw Crutchie coming down the hall and found himself smiling.

"Hi Jack! You look cheery."

"What? I just got turned down again. No clue why I would look happy."

"Ah man. Really? I mean, she does have a boyfriend ya know..."

"Yeah, I know, but I can tell that she sometimes gets angry at him. They're just not compatible."

"I guess so..."

"That doesn't matter though. How was band?"

"Good! I finally played that one stanza in Song of Solace and..." Crutchie continued to babble, but Jack stopped paying attention. He couldn't stop thinking about Bonnie. That girl was something else.

"That's awesome kid. See you later?"

"Yeah! Bye Jack!"

•••

Heather Chandler stood in front of the mirror, applying another layer of lipstick. Some blonde freak stood beside her, doing her mascara and giggling to herself.

"My god. What is your problem." Heather groaned, turning to face her.

"I don't have any problems. I'm pretty much perfect."

"Yeah right."

"Oh come on, are you new or something? I'm like, the most popular girl in school. There's no way you don't know me."

"No clue who you are."

"Galinda. You must be very misinformed. Everyone knows me."

"Oh, you think so? I can guarantee everyone in this school knows me by name."

"Yeah..."

"Heather? Heather Chandler?"

"Nope."

"Well, this is awkward."

"Yep." Galinda nodded and then skipped out of the bathroom.

"Too perky." Heather said to herself, rubbing in her lipstick. "Perfect." she smiled.