28. Work work work

.

.

.

.
Mackayla's P.O.V

I'd been in here for about 5 minutes and all the while Hunter was pestering me and taunting me.

"if i give you my jacket to hide your little problem, will you come out then so i could take you home as promised"

what

the fuck

"how do i know I hear you ask. you didn't  completely hide that ass properly"

I was red with embarassment. I felt a blush creep up my cheeks instantly making me feel a tad hot. How else are you suppose to feel after your crush has seen ur mother nature blood.

Not crush
No
I meant a hot guy.

There was nothing else i could do apart from accept my fate and move on. Face it like a woman. So he wouldn't see the embarrassment clouding my brain.

I walked to the door and opened it, Hunter was there with his signature smirk and jacket in his outstretched arms. I grabbed it off him, secured it around my waist and walked past him to the door. I exited and walked to the motor bike, grabbing the helmet and waiting for him to join me.

A few seconds later , he walked out with his hands in his pocket. he grabbed his helmet and got on, starting the motorbike. As soon as i got on, he sped off and we were on our way home in silence . I forgot how scared I was off this beast and wrapped my hand around him clinging on for dear life. I ignored how he suddenly tensed at my touch but relaxed a moment later.

In less than 30 minutes we were turning into the drive way. i wasn't going to say anything to him apart from good bye .

I got off, putting the helmet back on the bike,  I murmured  a goodbye and began to walk to my door.

"Mackayla wait, ",  he grabbed my hand in a tight grip,  but it wasn't tight enough to hurt me.  I turned around and found myself face to face with him.

" I meant it,  when I said I like you,  I'm  not doing it just to mess with you like sage,  I feel things for you that I haven't felt in a very long time,  I just have a weird way of showing it that's all"
All while he was saying this he couldn't look at me. Couldn't meet my eye with his own.

I was speechless.  I didn't know what to do for say for the second time today.

"The first and last time I had a boyfriend,he was exactly like you. Slept around didn't give a shit about anything and thought he could get any girl he wanted. And I thought I could change him but-"

He stopped me before I could carry on.

"That's the thing Kay,  you should be the one who's trying to change him,  if he really liked you, he'll be more than willing to change for you.  Look this really isn't easy for me to say having been a different person for so long and to be honest I'm tired of it. Sage has been trying to get me to settle down even though he was the one to bring me into this in the first place. And then I see him trying to ruin my chances. I'm not letting that happen whether you like it or not. Don't see him as more than a friend he can't give you what you want but I can",

He sounded so sincere.  And he was right.  I shouldn't have had to be the one changing Axel. 

"What makes you think you can ?"
I watched as he ran a hand through his hair making it look even better than before. But I wasn't about to admit that.
" I don't- I don't know ok, at least let me try"
Thought were running through my mind faster than his motor bike right now.
Did I really wanna trust him.  I couldn't think about  this right now.

"I-I'll text you"

And with that I turned around and walked into my home.

Yes I know it's harsh to leave him hanging like that but I really needed to think this through  if I wanted to help  myself.

I walked in to a quiet house.

"Mum?!"

"Alex?!"

I was answered by silence. I took off my shoes and walked up the stairs. I immediately jumped upon my one true love. My backup date. My one and only. Mr. bedinton. Cool name right. I took my phone out and placed it in my bedside table but before it could come into contact with the wood it vibrated in my palm. I brought it back to my face and saw it was a message from Hunter. Yeah I saved his name cuz why not.

Hunter.
Hey Kayla, are you ok? Did you get in safe?

This dude legit saw me five minutes ago. Can I be murdered in the space of five minutes without a struggle or scream?
Don't answer that.

Me.
Yes, why wouldn't I be.

Hunter
Nothing just wanted to check up on you. Is your Mum home ?

And that's how we spent the whole night talking about pointless things but still being able to hold the conversation. Not once did he bring up the little situation we had a moment ago. But with each text I think I fell a cm harder for this jerk. But if anything was to happen he's gonna have to work for it. With that thought in mind I felt a smirk climb it's way onto my face at the plans that I had in mind.

I wasn't gonna let him in that easy...

I was so carried away I forgot to write an A/N😂. Anyways so I've started a new book and I have high hopes for it. If you guys enjoy this one then you'll enjoy it too. It's called Saving Maddi. First few chapters are already up. Show some love. Thank you guysss💚💜💚