Chapter 17 :(

Ella sat lay next to Jacob, snuggling up to him comfortably.

“So,” Jacob said.

“So,” Ella repeated.

“We’re like going out now,” Jacob muttered his voice in awe.

“Yeah,” Ella reassured him.

“Cool,” Jacob said and kissed her on the mouth again.

“What?!” Luke yelled, aghast. “What the hell are you talking about?”

“Cut the crap Luke, we both know it’s true.” Ash said plainly.

“No it isn’t,” Luke said, fixing Ash with a cold glare.

“Shut up Luke,” Viola said. “Go on, Ash.”

“I’m guessing it’s how he got the HIV.” Ash began, looking over at a very angry Luke.

“It was a drunken night, a few years ago. Yolanda Holland had hosted a party to celebrate her brother eighteenth. She knew me through primary school so I was invited along with some others from our school.

“It was a cool party. You know, not like the fancy school disco every year. It was adult, cool, sophisticated. By midnight I was totally pissed. I’d gone up into the toilet, freshen up a bit. The toilet, by the way, is through the master bedroom. When I came out Luke was there. He… well you can guess what happened next.

“I was diagnosed with HIV when I was a kid. I was one of the unlucky, rare ones whose parents passed it onto. I don’t hold a grudge or anything though. I’ve always been careful and told people what I’ve got. It was just that night, I was so pissed I forgot to use protection let alone explain my condition.” Ash finished.

“That’s a pack of bull,” Luke said.

“Shut it Luke, we all know its true no hiding anymore.” Phee finally spoke up after spending the evening playing silence seeker.

“Bastard,” Luke muttered before walking out and slamming the door behind them.

Later that evening, Pete excused himself from the party and went upstairs to the toilet. After opening the master bedroom and walking through into the bathroom suite, he closed and locked the door behind him.

Through the whole five minutes, he didn’t hear the door of the bedroom open.

Janie shortly excused herself from the crowd and tip-toed quickly upstairs in time to see Pete walking into the master bedroom. Once she heard the bathroom door close and lock, she went in and stripped down to the playboy bunny underwear she had on. She reached into her sports back and took out her bunny ears, making sure to balance the furry handcuffs at the top of the bag.

Once Pete finished, he washed and dried hands then unlocked and opened the door to the biggest surprise he’s ever experienced.

Sam walked up the stairs wondering what was taking Pete so long, excusing herself from everyone and sauntering slowly upwards.

“Hey Pete,” Janie said, walking over to him.

“Uh, hi,” Pete said puzzled. “Janie, you alright?”

“I’m very hot.” Janie said moving closer still.

“I could take you downstairs, outside maybe, you know, its cooler.”

“You know what Pete? There’s another very different way to get rid of heat,” Janie said and grabbed Pete’s collar yanking him against her and kissing the daylights out of him. She opened her mouth and shoved her tongue down his throat, pulling his arms around her. Pete tried to pull away but her nails were biting into his arms, making it impossible to move.

“This is disgusting,” Sam said venomously. Janie and Pete immediately brake off, parting quickly.

“Babe, its not what it looks like.” Pete said quickly.

“Oh, it looks like that and a whole lot more if you ask me.”

“She set me up. She was waiting outside the bathroom, for God’s sake. She’s wearing a bunny outfit!”

“Save it Pete, I hope you and inflatahoe here are very happy together.” Sam finished and ran out running down the stairs and down out of the house.

“Well, that went well,” Janie said. “Do you want to some play more?” Her voice suddenly turning seductive, Pete turned and saw her swinging the handcuffs round one finger.

“You’re delusional.” He said and walked out the room.

“Sam, Pete wouldn’t do that.” Phee said dead pan.

“Then what the hell was he doing with that little trollop’s tongue half-way down his throat?” Sam said vehemently.

“Sam, you said he didn’t have his arms around her; one thing I’ve learnt is that when a boy and girl like each other enough to get to tonguing one another, they normally start with kissing. First move the boy does is wrap the girl’s arms around him to bring their bodies closer together.” Phee said logically.

“I suppose,” Sam said, her lips putting in contemplation.

“Sam, of course you suppose. You’ve lashed out at a boy who loves you a lot just because some inflatable Barbie doll, whose hair isn’t even hers, snogged him! God, I expected a bit more common sense from somebody with your head,” Phee said suddenly.

“God, I’ve been a fool, haven’t I?” Sam said holding her head in her hands.

Phee patted her on the back and said, “Pete loves you Sam, just find him tomorrow and tell him you’re sorry, he’ll understand.” A ghost of a smile played around Phee’s mouth at her confident words.

“I get you; I’ve got a lot to make up for.” Sam said and stood. She hugged Phee tightly then took off, jogging down the stairs and saying bye to Phoenix’s mum before running out the front door.

Phee walked over to the top of the stairs and yelled out, “Mum, do we have any sushi, mustard and coleslaw?”