Chapter 11 :/

“Seriously though, she should have told us that she was hanging round with him,” Phee said. She’d arrived back at school today with a packet of painkillers and strict instructions that if she doesn’t feel well, she’s to call home immediately.

“From what I’ve heard they were supposed to be at it for months, she’s had loads of time to say something.” Amy whispered.

“I know; you’d expect her to atleast tell her best mate_” Ella broke off when she saw Viola enter through the double doors into the school corridor in through the science block.

“Hey guys,” Viola said cheerfully. “How is everyone?” she asked smiling.

Nobody answered; they just kept their eyes averted from Viola’s.

“Guys? Is this ‘pretend Viola’s not here day’ today? Ella, Phee, Tina?” Viola’s eyebrows drew together in confusion. “What’s going on?”

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Ella whispered, agitatedly.

“Sorry, I’m a little confused here, what haven’t I told you?”

“Come on Vi, out of all the times to tell us the truth, this is the one where it counts.” Phee said, giving Vi a look of concern.

“I honestly don’t know what I’m supposed to have told you!” Vi said, her frustration starting to boil over.

“About your affair with Brendan Harvey!” Ella whispered sharply.

“Whaaaaaaaaaaaat!” Vi almost screeched.

“There have been rumours Vi, about you and him.” Sam said delicately.

“What kind of rumours?” Vi said slowly.

“You know,” Phee said cryptically.

“No, I don’t know so why don’t you tell me,” Vi said close to choking the answer from Vi, even if she might get vomit all over her clothes in the process.

“It’s complicated, Vi,” Phee said worriedly.

“For God’s sake, will you just tell me Phee?!” Vi said, grabbing hold of Phee’s soldiers. Phee slapped her. “Why the hell did you do that?” Vi said crossly.

“You were getting hysterical.”

“Just tell me.”

“Fine, people are saying that you to have been doing it. And I’m not just talking Tasha and Sean’s level. There is a rumour that you to have been doing more than just sex, Vi.” Phee looked at her sympathetically.

“Like what Phee?” Vi said and Phee turned her head in Sam’s direction as if looking to her for help on how to explain the details of the rumours carefully to Vi without her losing it.

“Vi, they’re saying you have been doing,” Sam mimed with her finger, “as well, and apparently someone caught you and Brendan at it against the sink,” Sam carried on.

“They’re calling it SSS now,” Amy added.

“The what?” Vi asked incredulously.

“Slutty sex sink, it’s a bit of a tongue twister, saying it out loud.” Tasha explained.

“I can’t believe this. Right, listen now, all of you. I am no slut and I wouldn’t have had it on the sink in those grotty toilets, of all places, with Brendan Harvey. You know me, guys. You know I would never do it or betray Robbie like that.”

“To be fair, you and Robbie haven’t seen each other since the two months we’ve been back at school.” Tasha said quietly.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”