Matt lifted her up by the waist and held her tightly against him before his lips slowly and very gently came down to hers.

Bobby didn't question it either, she only wrapped her arms around her neck and kissed him back. And it was perfect- it was an absolute perfect kiss, provoking more emotions than she could handle.

"Wait." She eventually managed to mutter, lifting her head up. "Wait."

Matt looked at her, again she resembled some frightened little animal, and he smiled.

"What?" He asked, his eyes not coming off the pretty lips. God- she was a good kisser and she smelled nice. Had she always smelled so nice?

"Matt, put me down." She said softly, her feet dangling as he held her up to his eye level.

"No." He said. "I'm not ready to let you go."

"Matt, please. We need to talk." She said.

"If I put you down, you'll escape." He said playfully, leaning back towards her and stealing another kiss... and her breath. God, she could get lost in those kisses.

"Matt, wait." She said, pulling away from him again. "This is crazy."

"Why?" He asked, leaning to kiss her again but she managed to pry free from him.

"No! This can't be happening." She said, putting her hand over her chest and taking a step back.

"Why?" He said, moving forward like an animal stalking his prey. Bobby stepped back, moving around the small sofa in the room and putting it between them. He chuckled softly as he began to walk around it. 

"This can't be real. Matt, you can't really be here... kissing me." She repeated to herself.

"Why not?" He asked as if it was a ridiculous question.

"Because... you... you're Matt. I'm just Bobby." She began to mutter incoherently.

"You're adorable Bobby." He said, moving suddenly and catching her. He put his arms around her again but she struggled, trying to get away.

"Matt, stop. Please don't." She said, sounding helpless.

"Why? I thought..." He began but she shook her head.

"No, not me. Please. I can't handle it. Please, Matt. You can have any girl you want" She began and he cut her off.

"I want you." He said but she shook her head.

"For tonight? Matt- I wasn't lying. I'm in love with you and I couldn't stand you breaking my heart that way. I won't be able to handle it." She said, beginning to panic.

Matt looked at her in surprise for a bit but then his face softened as he took a few steps closer to her, picking her right back up and lifting her to his face. She was so light, so ridiculously light that he figured he could hold her that way forever.

"Matt please..." She begged again as he suddenly pressed his forehead against hers.

"Shhh- Damn it, Bobby. You're some sort of little idiot yourself, you know that?" He said, making her look at him. He was smiling, it was almost like he was laughing at her.

"Why..." She began but he kissed her and she felt her entire body shiver.

"Bobby, don't be silly." He said, pulling away from the kiss and looking directly into her pretty eyes. "I'm in love with you too."

Then there was more kissing and no more words.

----

She wasn't sure what time it was anymore and it didn't seem to matter. This was like a dream, too good. Much too good.

Bobby wasn't sure of anything really- Matt hadn't given her a chance to react. She didn't know at what point it happened but eventually he had take a seat on the sofa in her room. He still held her closely, cradled in his lap as he continued to kiss her. Sometimes they'd laugh and mumble incoherent little nothings and other times they were much too swept up in the moment. It was during one of those rare moments, when he wasn't kissing her, but instead playing with her hair which was suddenly loose around her shoulders, that she finally managed to put a rational thought together.

"Matt." She said softly as he leaned in and planted a light kiss on her neck.

"Hmmm?" The sound was low, deep and strangely sensual. She looked at his face- he was so handsome, so amazingly handsome.

"Matt- we shouldn't be doing this." She said seriously. He responded by placing his fingers under chin and gently stroking it with his thumb.

"Why?" He asked.

"Lisa." Bobby said simply, watching him closely. Matt's face grew serious and his hand dropped from her face. She felt his hold on her relax and with a sigh, she stood.

"I knew it." She said, running her hands through her hair and walking around the room. Matt watched her for a second, he'd completely forgotten about Lisa.

Bobby waited for Matt to say something.

"Well? Please don't just sit there so quietly." She said after a few minutes. She was nervous- what was he thinking?

Matt sat back in the sofa for a minute and then sighed.

"I can't break up with her..." he began and Bobby let out a groan.

"Damn it." She said, suddenly feeling deflated but Matt stood and walked over to her.

"Calm down and let me finish talking before you freak out, huh?" He said, putting a hand on either shoulder and forcing her to face him.

Bobby raised her brow.

"I can't break up with her over the phone. I'm sorry but that will have to wait until we get back to New York." He said, his eyes directly on hers. Bobby frowned.

"You're breaking up with her?" Bobby asked. Matt looked confused.

"What did you expect me to do?" He asked.

"I didn't... I don't know." She said, making him smile.

"Bobby, come here." He said, taking her hand and leading her back towards the sofa. "Listen."

Bobby sat down next to Matt slowly but she was finding it hard to look at him.

"Look at me." He said, making her eyes shoot up towards him. "All of this... it took me by surprise."

She didn't say anything.

"I know I can be really dense- I still can't believe I didn't see it." He said, looking at her. "I mean, all this time?"

"Are you sure, Matt?" She asked, still finding it all hard to believe. "It's like a dream. Someone like you... loving someone like me?"

"Why is it so hard to believe? Every morning I wake up and the first thing I think of is you. When I walk into the office, you're the first person I look for. You're the only person I'm always looking for... even when I'm drunk." He said with a chuckle. "I need you, Bobby."

"To solve your problems" she said softly but he shook his head.

"You do a pretty good job at it but no. I need you because I'm just not as happy without you." Matt said. "I don't know when it happened, but when you said it everything clicked. Everything I've been feeling- I thought I was going crazy."

Bobby closed her eyes with a smile, the words were heaven to her.

"I don't know how long but I know it now- I love you." He said sternly, "and now that I've figured it out I'm not letting you get away and I'm not letting anything get in the way."

"Are you sure, Matt?" She asked, looking at him, her eyes full of worry. He could see it- the uncertainty, the confusion... and he smiled. 

"Absolutely." He said, making Bobby cry out in joy and wrap her arms around his neck.  Then, as if her very serious nature took over and she realized how she'd broken decorum, Bobby pulled away, turning bright red in the process.

"Oh no you don't." Matt said suddenly with a laugh, pulling her back against him and kissing her once again.