"What's so funny?" Lisa asked when she noticed Matt was smiling and chuckling to himself. 

"Nothing, just remembering a few random things." He said. Lisa raised her brow and put an arm on his shoulder. 

"I didn't realize you were so popular." She said. Matt nodded. 

"I usually forget." Matt said, staring out her window onto the Manhattan skyline. Lisa frowned, she'd wanted Matt to wrap an arm around her waist and pull her close but he'd kept his hands shoved deep into his pockets. 

"I'm glad you came- I was afraid that after what happened yesterday you might not be eager to see me." Lisa hated having to apologize but she knew she'd overreacted, she just couldn't help it. There was something about his relationship with Bobby that rubbed her wrong.

"It's New Year's Eve, people should put aside their differences and be together. " He said, still staring out. Lisa smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck, prompting him to slip one arm to her waist lightly. 

"I'm sorry." She said. "I'm a stubborn woman but I'll admit- I was wrong." 

Matt looked at Lisa and a faint grin formed on his lips. It was nice to see her like this, more complacent and less beligerent. He leaned in and kissed her lips very lightly. 

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it before." Matt said and Lisa shrugged. 

"You were just doing your assistant a favor." She said. "Now- come on, the ball's going to drop soon."

"Go ahead, I'll be right there." He said, watching as she turned to join her guests. She was a very beautiful and graceful woman and she made friends easily.

He looked back out onto the city and saw views from several windows and balconies. There was hardly one that wasn't blaring music and champagne. Then he thought of one window that wouldn't be open, where there wouldn't be any music except from the television and where champagne would be replaced by a warm bowl of soup or stew. 

He pictured her- her pretty brown eyes staring from behind the ridiculous glasses, her pretty lips slightly opened as she watched the television- maybe in anticipation during a horror movie or perhaps in laughter at some comedy.  She would most likely be in pajamas, nothing too fancy or glamorous and he smiled, thinking it sounded kinda wonderful.

Matt's eyes blinked and he suddenly looked down with a frown. 

He brought a hand behind his head, scratching it lightly. That was certainly strange, here he was with his gorgeous girlfriend on New Year's Eve and he was thinking about his adorable assistant... his assistant. 

Matt sighed. He was tired. It was just that- he was tired. That hangover had been possible the worst he'd experienced in a while and he hadn't slept well at all. 

Sleep- he just needed to get home and sleep. He looked at his watch, realizing that it was close to midnight. After the ball dropped, he'd make an excuse and sneak out.

----

Bobby sat clinging to her blanket and smiling, her lips slightly parted as she watched the Exorcist. She liked horror movies, good and bad ones, but particularly she liked to be scared. 

Maybe it was the adrenaline but it got her pumped up every single time. 

Then she heard the cheering, prompting her to lower the volume as she paused her movie. 

It must be midnight.

Bobby stood and walked to her window where she could see the celebrations in the street.  The smile on her lips stayed as she stared and it was only the sound of her phone beeping that made her turn away. With a raised brow, she walked over to her phone, wondering who would have messaged her at this hour but she already knew the answer.