(not) going away to college.

(I've been literally fucking crying laughing about that video for the past 2 days fucking watch it, I'm immature as fuck oh my god )

"You ready for this babe," he asked as I put the cap on my head.

"Ready as I'll ever be." 

He smiled and gave me a quick kiss before we headed out of the car and toward the giant auditorium in the local arts center. The school decided it would be better to hold the graduation ceremony here since they didn't want little kids and old folks on the bleachers  and our auditorium was way too small lot hold all of the class and teachers as well as their families.

"Students are supposed to meet in the back of the building near the giant piano sculpture. Have fun dealing with the math teacher for the next hour," I teased. He flipped my off and smiled. I waved and headed toward where the students are supposed to meet. I followed the brick walkway to the crowd of students all dressed in the navy blue gowns. I spotted Anne and Skye pretty quick. I went over to them and they were both super nervous.

"You ready for this," Skye asked to the group.

"I've been sick of high school since before I was in high school. The mini Hell will finally end," I said over dramatically, earning a chuckle from the two of them.

We all got ready to go, Anne straightening my cap as the principal got us organized for where we need to be and told us where we need to be. Soon they had us all head into the floor section of the arts center where rows and rows of seats were designated for students with a faculty member on each end cap. The higher ups were filled with the friends and family of all the kids graduating. The ceremony soon began and everyone quieted down. The principal gave a giant speech on how he was proud of us for making it this far in our education and all that bullshit before they finally started giving out diplomas.

It was done alphabetically by last name, putting me no where near any of my friends when it came to the rows we were put in. They called up the first row, starting with Ben Adkins. Things kept continuing and they called up my row.

"Sara Decker."

"Michael Delaney."

Each student got handed their diploma and shook the ha do of the principal. Then they made a quick one or two sentence thank you speech before finally getting their picture taken and heading back to their seat. Now it was my turn, and right now I'm just hoping I don't fuck this up.

"Thomas DeLonge." I grabbed my diploma with a wide grin and shook the principals hand. I made my way over to the podium and leaned town to reach the mic that was attached to it.

"I'd like to thank my siblings, my friends, and my favorite teacher, Mr. Hoppus, for supporting me my this whole way."

It was a dumb but I couldn't say much else. I looked st the crowd. Mark winked at me, Anne and Skye were clapping and cheering, but there was one other source of noise that I couldn't pick out too well. I looked into the audience and saw the ones who were making the noise. It was a man in dress blues and a little girl wearing a pink dress. It can't be them, it fucking can't be. I got my picture taken and headed to my seat. I was impatiently waiting for the ceremony to end. I clapped and cheered for my friends but I couldn't stop thinking about who, or who I should say, I had just seen. I couldn't stop moving my hands or shaking my leg and I just wanted this to be over. 

About a half hour later they had finally called the last name and the principal was giving another one of his bullshit speeches. He finished after a few minutes and dismissed the teachers before dismissing the students, letting friends and family come out after the floor level was cleared. I met with Mark quickly, my hands still shaking and my breathing faster than usual.