i miss you.

*back to Tom Pov*

The drive to the clinic was nerve wracking to put it simply. I sat in the back seat of the silver sedan, clutching the white bag of possessions I was provided. The clothes were oversized again, surprisingly too long for me.

The driver made no effort to make any form of conversation. Top 40 played on the radio and buildings passed by in a blur. I knew where we were somewhat. I'm not on the north side of town often.

We got on the highway heading further west. We were heading closer to the ocean.

I looked out the window for the next half hour until we finally pulled into the lot of a giant white building. It was a few stories, no more than 5 or 6. It was still slightly intimidating. Windows were one-way and all I could see was my reflection.

The driver got out of the car and I followed him. He lead me inside of the building and we were faced with a middle-aged looking woman at the front desk. The driver nodded me off and headed back to his car.

I walked up to the front desk and she stood up with a smile.

"You must be Tom. My name is Linda. Take a seat right over there and a nurse should be with you very soon."

I nodded and took a seat on an old chair in the far corner of the room. The room looked a lot like the hospital but it had a dark grey carpet instead of the white floors.

I grabbed the bag tightly as if it was the only thing I had to protect me from whatever danger laid behind the padlocked door.

God I just wish it was Mark I'm holding instead of this fucking bag.

The locked door soon opened and a male nurse in blue scrubs came out and over to me. I stood up, quick and uneasy. He put his hand out in front of me and I shook it.

"Nice to meet you Tom. I'm Amir, the head nurse of your unit. Follow me and we can get you set up."

I just nodded and followed him. He was a bigger guy, not too tall. He was well spoken and had a good smile. I walked behind him timidly as we entered the main part of the building. He pressed the button to call an elevator and it opened straight away. He pressed one of the buttons to take us to another floor.

"You're going to be rooming on the sixth floor. I hope you're not afraid of heights," he joked.

I let out a weak chuckle just to try to stay on his good side. The last thing I wanted to do was to piss someone off. I wanted to get out of here as quickly as possible. I wanted Mark.  I wish I wasn't such a headcase. 

The elevator let out a ding and opened its broad doors. He lead me out to the hallway and we took a left. It was the same as downstairs, boring colors and fake plants and the occasional piece of art. I hated how uniform this place was. 

We stopped in front of a wooden door with a round knob. '613' was engraved in bold print above the door. He took out his keys and searched for the correct one of the many that he had. He found the correct one with an 'ahah!' and opened the door. He pushed it open and motioned for me to go in first. 

The room was relatively big. It had two beds although both of them empty and only one of them had sheets. The blue walls had darkened a bit to be less of a baby blue and be more like the sky. The sheets were green and white striped and a brown teddy bear lay in front of the two pillows. A was on the right wall and in bold letters it read "BATHROOM." Two dressers sat next to each other parallel to the wall the door was on and that was all that was in the room other than the tall, broad window on the opposite wall.