she's a fucking nightmare.

I just spent 20 minutes googling around to research grocery stores in Encinitas.

I'm also trying to get my word count back up so hold tight.

"Alright, see you in about an hour," Mark said as Jonas and I headed out the door.

"You're sure this is everything we need," I asked as I looked down at the list.

"Positive. But if you're willing to throw chocolate and strawberry syrup on there, I wouldn't be upset."

"Will do," I said as I buckled Jonas up in the back seat.

"Oh! And cupcakes," Mark shouted out the door.

"We'll see," I said as I closed the car door.

I smiled at him and we blew me a kiss before closing the front door. I headed out of the driveway and headed out to the back seat. I put on Songs To Learn and Sing by Echo and the Bunnymen. Jonas liked it a lot and as soon as he heard the intro to 'Rescue' he started dancing and babbling happily.

We pulled into the Von's parking lot and I got Jonas out of the back seat. I carried him up to where the carts were outside. I sat him in the front and headed inside the store. Jonas was still happy, making goofy faces and giggling the whole time. I threw what we needed in the back of the cart and made my way through the store.

"Tom," I heard a female voice call out.

I looked around, not spotting anyone, but then I heard the same voice call out. "Tom." This time it was much closer.

I looked behind me and there she stood. The same blue-green eyes as Jonas and the long, brown hair.

"Jennifer."

"Can we talk," she said, keeping her voice low.

"I don't know if that's the best idea, Jen," I said.

She looked over to Jonas, "Who's this little guy?"

"My son," I said. 

She shook her head as if she was trying to get the thoughts out. "Just meet me at the Wendy's a block down. It'll be brief. I just want to talk to you," she said.

It couldn't be that bad. I have a gorgeous husband and three amazing kids to come home to. I have a house and an album in the works. This simple fucking meeting could not tear all of that away no matter how bad it gets.

I finished my shopping and checked out. I pushed the cart outside and got Jonas settled in before putting everything in the trunk of the SUV. I turned the car on and turned down the radio. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and let out a deep sigh. I dialed Mark's number and he picked up quickly.

"Hey, babe, I literally just took my phone out to call you. What's up," he asked.

"It's nothing, just wanted to tell you that I'm taking Jonas to lunch real quick and I'll be home soon. What are you up to?"

"Alright. I'm taking the kiddos to the beach for a while. Come and meet us up there when after you're all done there."

"Awesome. Can't wait. I'll talk to you soon, love."

"Love you. Bye," he said before hanging up. 

"Alright, Rocket . Let's head out," I said and he giggled back.

I turned the radio back up for him and headed out of the parking lot and made the short drive to the Wendy's a few blocks down. I got Jonas out of the car and carried him through the small parking lot, setting him down once we got inside. I got him a kids meal and myself a lemonade. I saw the back of Jen's head in the back corner of the place. We got our food and headed over to where she sat.