nothing and everything all at once.

(A/N)
This is the Era I'm talking

"Let's get you unpacked, c'mon," he smiled

"Let's get you unpacked, c'mon," he smiled. I couldn't help but smile either. He took my hand as we grabbed my things and lead me to the second floor of the narrow house. There were 2 bedrooms, one was empty and the other had to be Mark's, it was a bit messy but it was his own.

"You can put your things in the other room, or we can share mine if you like. I don't mind," his tone sounded like he wanted me to stay with him. He always seemed to be smiling.

"I. I guess I'll stay with you. If you're sure you wouldn't mind, I don't want to intru-"

"Tom," he stopped me. "Like I said before, if I wasn't sure then I wouldn't offer. Now c'mon, let's get you set up." His small smile turned to a bright grin as he pushed the door further open and set my guitar case by the wall.

"There should be extra space in the closet with coat hangers and stuff. I know I have a few extra drawers. You can put all your clothes in there and your other stuff where you see fit. Make yourself at home." He paused for a moment.

"This can be your new home." His words were quiet and slow. He seemed sure of his words. He grabbed some coat hangers from the closet and set them in his bed, along with my duffel bag. I the big flap and was met with the smiling faces of my siblings and I. That photo was taken at my grandpa's pond last summer. My parents weren't fighting and we were all together for more than a few hours. I wish I could go back to that time. When everything seemed to be perfect. But now I don't have that. But I have Mark, and right now, he's all I have. He's all I need. My guardian angel.

I set the photo face down next to the bag and went through my clothes. I wasn't able to pack much. I had a little over 10 shirts and a few pairs of shorts and pants. Thankfully I remembered to pack socks and boxers.  I put the things on hangers and Mark helped as well, putting my pants and those types of things in the drawers. I brought out some of my CD's. Just a few by Descendents and Screeching Weasel and a few other bands. I had a few books, notebooks and some stuff about space, others simply fairytales that I read when things got to be too much.

I put those things where Mark kept his. We had a few of the same discs. He had a lot of books and I put mine near them. I finished unpacking after about 20 minutes and put the bag on the floor. I sat down on the bed and no Mark came and sat next to me. I grabbed the frame that held the old picture and just stared at it. I miss them a lot.

"Who are they," Mark asked, putting his arm around me.
"That's my brother and sister, Shon and Kari. I miss them," my voice cracked and Mark just scooted closer, letting my rest my head on his side. I set the photo down and Mark laid down. I put the photo on the bedside table and took a spot next to Mark between him and the wall. He opened his arms and I settled down. He wrapped himself around he and I put my arm over his midsection.

I looked up at him. "What's your family life like?"

"Well. My name is Mark Allan Hoppus. I moved out 4 years ago when I was 18. My parents divorced when I was in third grade and that was hard on me as it would be for anybody. I've got a little sister named Anne, she's 17. I lived with my dad for most of my life and Anne lived with my mom. We saw each other pretty often, though. I started playing bass when I was about 12 or 13. I've got a dog named Josie. She sleeps a lot but she's around here somewhere. I really fucking love octopi. My favorite color is pink and I enjoy skateboarding. I usually act like a dumbass and get myself into trouble a lot. I like Star Wars a lot and there's not much else to it. Now how about you?"