disaster.

Haven't been motivated to write at all lately so sorry for the lack of updates. Sad chapter, don't kill me. Thanks for over a thousand reads, that's really kind of you. Love you dudes. Don't forget to vote and comment! It means alot when you do :)

Mark and I were sitting in the practice room when my phone went off in my pocket. I set the guitar on the couch next to me and dug the phone out of my pocket.  A number I didn't recognize flashed on the screen. I flipped open the phone and answered. 

"Hello," I greeted, sounding a little more confused than I had intended. 

"Hey. This is Brandt, Travis's little brother." 

"Ah, okay, he's talked about you before. What's up, kid?"

"There's been an accident. We need you guys to get to South Carolina as fast as possible. We're at Medical University of South Carolina Medical Center in Charleston," he said, voice becoming shakier and faster as he went on. 

"Accident," I shouted as I jumped off the couch. "What happened?!" 

"His plane, it went down," he said, his voice cracking, I could tell he was going to cry and I probably was too.

I dropped to my knees on the ground. It hit me like truck. This couldn't be happening. The likely-hood of getting in a plane crash is over over 1 in 5 million people. Travis can't be in a plane crash. He's practically invincible. 

Mark looked over at me, a concerned expression on his face. I continued to talk with Brandt. 

"We'll be there as soon as we can," I said before I closed the phone and threw it at the couch. 

At that point I let it all go, I was fucking sobbing and Mark still didn't know what was going. Mark came over to me. He was worried and he had the right to be. 

"What happened," he asked. 

"Travis! His plane fucking crashed," I sobbed.

He got up from next to me and sat at the computer. 

"What are you doing," I asked. 

"Booking a flight to South Carolina." 

My eyes widened at the use of the word flight but there was no other way to get there quickly. It was either that or a cross-country road trip and I didn't particularly wanna stuff the kids in a back seat for a week and watch as I cry my eyes out. 

He clicked a few things and typed a few things and soon enough, paper was coming out of the printer and he set it on the desk. 

"I'm gonna go tell the kids to get packed up. Be back in a minute." 

He left me there on the floor and I just laid there on my tummy. My head turned out the window and my arms straight at my sides. 

This can't be happening. Travis can't get hurt. Travis can't die. Travis is immortal. He's like a god. He can't die. He can't get more than a broken foot or a busted finger. He's invincible. 

That was all I could think about. My mind went from nothing but Travis and our memories and everything he has done with us. He's so amazing. 

Mark came in and helped me up. I felt numb, barely aware of my surroundings. I threw some clothes in a duffel bag and tossed it on the ground. Mark wrapped his arms around me. 

"It'll be okay," he whispered. 

"You don't know that," I snapped back. 

"I'm sorry," I sighed. 

"Don't worry about it. We've gotta leave in about an hour. We're gonna be flying through the night." 

I nodded, "Okay."