obvious.

I had just finished putting the kids to bed. Mark was downstairs. It had only been a few days since I had gotten out of the hospital. I had heart to heart with the kids. They seemed to understand. 

I have to take a shit ton of pills every morning and the doc said I can start weening myself off after a few months. They've calmed me down a lot. They've kept my mood under control and made me stress less. Mark has helped me a lot too, obviously. 

Mark was laying down on the couch, black shorts and shirtless with a light blanket over him. He was just watching television, it was on commercial break so I didn't know what exactly. He sat up when he heard me. I smiled and sat where his head was, he rested his head on my lap, looking up at me. I put my hand in his hair, running my fingers through the thick strands. He took my free hand in his, kissing my knuckle gently and resting it on his bare chest. I rested my eyes and soon enough the program came back on the TV. 

"TMZ, really," I asked him, confused. 

"I swear I heard something about Blink on the last little thing before commercials. If we're part of some breaking drama, I'd like to be one of the first to know about it," he said with a chuckle. 

"Alright, fair enough." 

Soon enough the men and women around the set up office started blabbering again. 

This next story was sent into us from some teens in San Diego, California. Taking some pictures with their cell phones, the teens spotted Mark Hoppus and Tom DeLonge of platinum band, Blink-182. The band has been on hiatus for a few years now, making this an even bigger shock than before

Photos of us flashed onto the screen. They caught the moment that Mark kissed my cheek and us walking out hand in hand. My jaw dropped and Mark shot up from his position. 

Have the two just been more friendly than usual or have they been keeping secrets? Hopefully we'll know in the future. 

"What are we gonna do," I asked him, "We were just brought public without consent. That's bullshit." 

Mark was surprisingly pretty cool, "Yeah it sucks, but I mean I guess it was bound to happen. Worst thing that happens is we get called fags and lose a few fans. I don't think most will care that much, we have got some of the most open minded fans being that we're in the alternative scene. If we were a big country band I'd be more upset. I'm ready to make an announcement if you are."

I took in what he said with a quick nod. It really wasn't that bad of a thing. We could be more open when we were out and about so I guess this could be a positive. Less stress on us to keep things hidden. He's right. It was going to happen sooner or later whether we liked it or not. And now that I think about it, it's pretty surprising that it came out this late. 

"Band site and twitter," I asked. 

"Sounds good to me." 

I turned on my phone that was on the coffee table and there were hundreds of notifications of kids tweeting at me and Mark asking if what was on TMZ was true. 

"Come over here," Mark said getting up. 

I followed him to the kitchen and we sat across to eachother on the island. 

"Just fist-bump me with your left hand," he directed. 

I did as he said, giving questioning glances but still going along with it. 

"Just trust me," he said as he snapped a picture of our hands, "It'll get a shit ton of teenagers to practically shit their pants."

He typed a few things on the key pad of the small phone and soon pressed the send button. I went to his page and retweeted quickly before even looking at what he wrote.