adam's song.

I woke up holding a pillow in a bed empty except for that pillow and I. The red numbers on the alarm clock read 10:37. There was a little note next to the clock labeled "Tom" with a small heart next to it. I picked it up and it read :

Good morning, love,

Sorry for not being there, I didn't want to wake you, you looked so peaceful, but I just really had to pee. I'm making breakfast downstairs so feel free to come down whenever you're ready. Can't wait to see your pretty little face.
-xoMark

p.s.: you're cute when you sleep.

p.p.s.: I take that back, you're cute all the time.

I shook my head at that last line. I was still just in my cargo shorts and I assumed that Mark would be the same. I put my hand through my hair and stretched before walking down the stairs to the kitchen where Mark was cooking over the stove. He was still shirtless although he changed from his Dickies to basketball shorts. I snuck up behind him like they do in the movies and wrapped my arms around him. He jumped but settled down after a second. I rested my head on his shoulder and he leaned his onto mine.

"Good morning, sleepy head," he said with a slight smile.

"Good morning, Marky." He rolled his eyes and shook his head which made me chuckle.

I let go of him and leaned against the opposite wall. I looked at his body. He wasn't really chunky, but he wasn't toned. He was cushiony in a sense. His silhouette was soft and not rigid like the men you see on the cover of magazines. His hips were wide. He didn't have much hair on him, not unlike myself, minus a small patch of hair I had on me. His chin was dimpled and his nose was small. His smile was very bright and seemingly contagious. He was almost always smiling around me and I never thought I could make someone as happy as I made him, and I can say that the done the same for me.

He pulled out two plates and set them on the counter, dumping the eggs from the pan and grabbing a plate of bacon that we was keeping the the microwave. He set the things on the small island in the middle of the kitchen and grabbed two glasses, grabbing the orange juice from the fridge soon after. He pulled out one of the two seats and smiled, waving his hand to signal for me to sit there. I went over and thanked him. He sat at the other chair at the opposite end if the table, pouring juice into his cup.

"I didn't know you could cook," I said, grabbing some bacon off the plate.

"Well that's the thing," he chuckled, "I can't. This is one of the only meals I can make, along with pasta and sandwiches."

"It's more than I can do," I chuckled. "Thank you for this by the way."

"Of course, Tommy," he smirked, going off the nickname I gave him a few minutes before. We finished our food relatively quickly and I helped him with the dishes. When we were finished he started to head back to his room and I followed. He laid down on the right side of the bed and made room for me on the left, opening his arms as I crawled over. He ran his fingers through my hair and I traced little patterns on his chest. He was looking down at me and I'd look back at him occasionally. We stayed like that for a long time, not really talking. The only real noise was the sound if our breathing.

I was startled by the sound of light footsteps. I saw a small bulldog attempt to jump on the bed. Mark and I sat up and he smiled.

"Josie! There you are, girl," he said, helping her onto the bed. I smiled too. I love dogs.

She sniffed around and I let her sniff my hand to get to know me. She warmed up to me pretty quickly and was soon licking my face as much as she was Marks. I played around with the dog for a little bit, rubbing her belly and getting her a little wound up. Mark sat back, doing I don't know what exactly. She settled down between the little space between Mark and I as we laid down again. Mark was staring at me with a happy look on his face, not really smiling, but in a way that you could tell he was in a good mood. Mark and I snuggled closer and Josie decided to move down near our feet.