Chapter 9

Flashbacks will be in third person and italics from now on. (Otherwise I'll say so)

I do not own Naruto, only my OCs and some twists here and there. Please remember to vote, comment and/or share since support is greatly appreciated. Enjoy <3

About midway into the journey, we crossed a random puddle. A puddle on a clear day! How stupid do we look? I unintentionally glanced at Naruto's and Sakura's bickering and sighed. Okay, maybe just a little bit stupid...

Now that I think about it, Tazuna has been acting quite agitated, more so when Sakura asked if there was a chance that we could run into foreign ninja...

My eyes narrowed but continued to walk. If Kakashi did nothing about it, then I guess I shouldn't do anything either.

My thoughts were quickly wiped out as I saw two ninja emerge from the puddle and launching an attack on Kakashi.

Horrified, we all turned only to see Kakashi bound by chains. The two ninja pulled harshly at the chain and Kakashi was cut into little pieces falling to the ground. My eyes widened, but I sprinted towards Naruto, pulling out a kunai, ready at his side whenever he needed me.

Glancing back at Sakura, I noticed her taking a defensive stance next to Tazuna, Sasuke soon following her actions. Oh yeah, the mission is to protect the bridge builder...oops. Naruto and I made our way to the rest of the team, but were interrupted by the two ninjas. "Now it's your turn!" They yelled, throwing chains at Naruto. Sasuke quickly deflected them with two kunais, pinning them against a tree. Sighing in relief, I kicked one of the ninjas into the same tree. Then I threw wire around him, and sent a shock of my lightning chakra into it. The ninja screamed in agony, and soon fell unconscious. His partner called out to him, and turned to glare my way. He lunged at me, but was soon stopped by a punch on the jaw by our supposed-to-be-dead sensei.

Kakashi turned to look at us and smiled, saying a quick 'hi' before focusing on keeping the remaining ninja away from me and Tazuna. I felt my eye twitch in annoyance, but sighed and turned to look at Naruto who is still frozen in place.

"Ne, Naruto?" I poked his cheek, making him get out of his trance. "Kakshi is right there," I pointed my thumbs at Kakashi, who was conversing about the danger of this mission with Tazuna. Naruto sighed in relief but quickly looked down, probably feeling bad about not helping. I frowned at the thought.

Kakashi finished talking to Tazuna and turned to look at us once again, but this time I glared at him. Where was he when we nearly got killed? Probably reading his porn or something...

"Good job Sakura, Sasuke. Very smooth Ryuky. Naruto, sorry for not helping you right away, I see you got injured. I didn't think you wouldn't be able to move," Kakashi said. Naruto got injured? When? I observed Naruto and noticed blood dripping from his hand. I wasn't fast enough, huh?

"You alright, scaredy cat?" The Uchiha mocked, making me want to punch him six feet under. "WHY YOU!" Naruto got ready to pounce on Sasuke, only to be stopped by Kakashi explaining how the claws that cut Naruto had poison on them. Sakura started complaining about how this mission was to hard, Kakashi soon siding with her. 'Are they seriously about to abandon this man because this mission is harder than they expected? What kind of shinobi are they?'

Suddenly, Naruto grabbed a kunai and stabbed himself in his poisoned cut. "Why is there so much difference? Why am I always...dammit!" My eyes widened at the amount of blood he was losing. "I should be becoming stronger. I've completed many missions and even practice jutsu everyday by myself! I swear it on this pain in my left hand! With this kunai I'll protect the old man. We're continuing the mission!" Naruto finished, panting slightly. I suddenly remembered why I admire him so much. He never lets anythng stop him and keeps trying ...