Chapter 8

Hey guys! This is a short chapter...sorry about that ^_^'

Anyways, I do not own Naruto, only my OCs and some twists here and there. Please remember to vote, comment and/or share since support is greatly appreciated. Enjoy <3

'Those who break the rules are scum,  but those who abandon their comrades are worse than scum.'

"Sasuke- point A" Uchiha muttered through the communicator in my ear.

"Sakura at point B!" Sakura's preppy voice rang in the communicator.

"Ryuky...point C," I muttered, not excited about this mission.

"......................Naruto here! I'm at point D!" Naruto finally announced. I sighed at his slowness.

This mission is such a waste of time. All we have to do is capture a runaway cat. This is not meant to be a ninja-mission; anyone can do this! How are we supposed to gain experience in missions like these?

"You're slow, Naruto!" Kakashi scolded. "Okay...the target has moved! Follow it!" He ordered. I jumped out of the tree I used to take cover...from a cat, and silently followed the target and landed on the ground, not too far away from 'Tora'.

"Alright, it's over there!" Naruto advanced, lunging towards the cat and trapping it roughly in his arms. The cat struggled to get out of his grasp, and I watched unamused before placing a hand on my hip. "You're gonna suffocate it, Naruto." I commented before slapping the already scratched knucklehead on the back of his head.

"Are you sure it's our target? Does it have the ribbon on his right ear? " Kakashi asked as we all watched the cat scratch Naruto to death, somewhat amused.

"It's the target, no mistake." Sasuke confirmed. "Good. Mission 'capture lost pet 'Tora' is complete."

"Isn't there a better mission to do? I hate cats!" Naruto yelled into his mic, making me flinch at the pain it brought to my ear and decided to take off my earbud if I want to have full use of my hearing ability for tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, my cute little Tora-chan. I was so worried!" The cat was currently being squished by its owner, making Naruto laugh at its suffering. "Hahaha! In your face, you stupid cat," Naruto mocked the poor cat. 'No wonder it ran away,' I thought shaking my head.

"Now, the next mission for Kakashi's Team Seven, your duty is....hmmm....babysitting an elder's grandson, shopping in the neighboring village, and helping with digging potatoes-" The Hokage was rudely interrupted by Naruto.

"NO! No thank you! I want to do a more exciting mission!! Find us a better one!" Naruto said, forming an 'X' with his arms.

"YOU IDIOT! You are just a rookie! Everyone starts off with the simple duties and works their way up!" Iruka yelled at Naruto, slamming his hands on the table. I sweat-dropped at his aggression. "We won't have the sufficient experience if we keep doing this shitty missions-" I sided with Naruto, only to be interrupted by Kakashi smacking my head. "Language young lady! Have some respect for your superiors," He scolded, glaring me down. I returned his glare with a more heated one, both of us having a stare down. "Says the pervert who reads porn in front of the Hokage!" I scoffed, making him flush and turn to look at the Hokage in defeat.

The old man proceeded to lecture us about missions and ranks, but I ignored him and turned my attention towards Naruto, who was sharing his opinion about ramen. 'Wow, I never knew ramen could be so complex...'

"HEY! LISTEN!" The Hokage snapped, making everyone grin sheepishly, while I just narrowed my eyes at him. "Please refrain yourself from raising your voice, old man. It gives me a headache," I said, earning myself yet another smack on the back of the head. "I'm never going to hear the end of this," Kakashi muttered.

Naruto proceeded to beg for a higher ranking mission, only for the Hokage to give in, shocking us all. "I'll give you a C-Rank mission. It's to protect a certain individual." The Hokage explained, eyeing the door for a second. Could it be that he had this all planned out?

"Really!? Who? A Feudal Lord? A princess? Naruto asked eagerly, not bothering to contain his excitement.

"Calm down Naruto, I'm about to introduce him. You may come in!" I was right, he had this all planned out. A rather looking old man carrying a bottle of sake walked in. I took an involuntary step back when I noticed the sake, recalling memories I do not want to remember. Hopefully nobody noticed my reaction. Kakashi eyed me for a second, proving that he did see my reaction to the alcoholic drink. I glared at him and turned to look back at the costumer.

He narrowed his eyes at us and scoffed. "What's this? They're all a bunch of brats, especially the shortest one with the idiotic face! Are you actually a ninja?"

Naruto laughed out loud. "Who's the smallest one with the idiotic face?" We all lined up. The Uchiha being the tallest, followed by Sakura, then Naruto, and then me. My eye twitched in annoyance as Naruto laughed pointing at me. "Ne, Naruto," I started, a deadly aura surrounding me. "Does it look like I have an idiotic face?" He paled, and immediately shook his head apologizing. The adults sweat-dropped but decided to not interfere as they were also intimidated by the deadly aura surrounding me.

"Are you sure, or do I need to knock some sense into you?" I questioned, taking a step towards him while cracking my knuckles. "No, no, no! I'm positive Ryu-chan! Please forgive me!" He scurried off to hide behind Sakura, who gulped and took a step back at my deadly figure. I raised an eyebrow at him but nodded and smiled, slowly gaining back my composure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the Team gathered, we walked out of the village gates with Tazuna. I eyed the sake in his hand wearily, but chose to not let it bother me much.

"Alright, let's go!" Naruto cheered, throwing his arms up into the air while running ahead. I sighed at his enthusiasm but smiled nonetheless.

"Calm down Naruto," Sakura yelled at him. "Why are you so excited?"

"Cause I've never left the village before!" Naruto said, taking in his surroundings. Tazuna choked on his sake, before spitting it out. "Hey, am I really safe with this brat?" Kakashi laughed and said he had nothing to worry about, since he is a jounin.

"Hey, old man! Don't mess with ninjas! I'm incredible! One day, I will take on the super elite ninja title, Hokage! My name is Uzumaki Naruto, remember it!"

A few more arguments passed between Tazuna and Naruto, with Sakura butting in to scold Naruto as many times as she could, we finally started walking again. I walked beside Naruto, but ignored his childish conversations with the others.

'It's been a while since I traveled, can't say I missed it much. Sure, the thrill of running was worth it but I had no one to lean on.' I glanced at Naruto from the corner of my eye and smiled. 'I know Naruto will take care of me and vise-versa. As long as he is by my side, I have nothing to worry about.' I abruptly stopped at my last thought. What the hell?

'Ah, young love!' Yami sighed with content. I sighed and denied her thoughts, continuing my walk again. Naruto looked at me weirdly for my sudden stop.

"You okay, Ryu-chan?" He asked. I smiled and nodded, feeling my cheeks heat up a little bit. I quickly turned my head to look at the opposite side.

'I just want to get this mission over with quick as possible,' I thought and looked towards the sky.