Josh

"have you spoke to josh about this" i asked tom as i sat next to himat the breakfast table "abot what" he said and i rolled my eyes "dont act stupid, about the donation that your going ot make, you know your kidney" i said and he sighed ad walked awya from me "i dont want to talk about this" he said "really, wel lyou were the one that volunteered todo it, hes your sonhe has the right to know tom" i said "who said i havent told him" he said "have you?" i asked as he placed thecup in the sink and walked fof upstiars in a huff "such a child" i said to myself "your daddy is impossible" i said as i lifted sammi out of the highchair and cleaned her up. "im sorry, look ive got an appointment with the doctor this morning, comewith emwill you" he asked em "ill ask imogen to take sammi in" i said as i picked up my phone "thanks" he said "i know your worried tom, hell anyone would be i mean this is life changing what your doing not just for grantly for yourself, all im asking is for you too think of us, of josh before anything else" i said and he sighed and kissed my forehad "it will be alright" " you dont know that" i said.

We went to the doctors and sat in the officeas the doctor came in and i held toms hand he was nervous i could tell "its important that you know what being a living donour intales" she said "i know what it intales, im not eactly looking forward to it, i can function with one kidney he cant function with none" tom said "ad what if something happens that effects the health of your other kidney" she asked him "id be pretty annoyed by it but id be in the same boat as grantly...just hoping that someone would come forward for me like i have for him, its a no brainer really" tom said "and how does your son feel about this" she asked and my head shout up and i looked at tom, he tensed and squeezed my hand a little harder "hes umm...hes proud i guess, supoortive" he said as his phone started to vibrate he picked the phone up and clickeed decline "i think it will be a good idea to bring him in next time we can all have a chat, so he knows exactly what it intales"  "sure" tom siad as we walked out and into the car "you need to tell him tom, what are you going to do next time huh, hire someone at school to pretend to be your son, no josh deserves the truth and its best he hears it from you" i said as we walked out of the surgery.

we walked into school when sonia came up to us "tom, theres been some changes and you have a visitor" i frowned at her, who would come to visit tom? as maggie came up to us "ill leave you to talk" i said as i headed off to english with mrs melgrew "sophie, your late" she said "sorry, docotrs aappointement" i said as i took a seat. After english i headed to see tom "you okay, i man after this morning" i asked as he stood out of his seat and walked over to me "josh is here" he said "sorry..what josh why didnt he tell us" i asked him "a suprise... i actually thought you invited him up or something" tom said and i rolled my ees "what so he can talk some sense into you" i said "soph weve talked" "i know, just what about the risks" i asked "come on" he said as we headed to the staff room, where josh was on the phone he had his back to me  "alright joshy" i said and he turned around and smiled "sophiekins" he said hugging me "dont you go all finn sharkey on me" i said and he laughed "what are you doin here" i asked him "came to suprise my old man and you, hows sammi, and miss donnegan has askedem to give a talk to the sixth form live after school" he said "well done, looks like your doing well for yourself i mean that suit and all, your sisters fine a pain just like her father but shes fine, look ive got class ill see you later" i said as he hugged me and i headed off to class.Last period i was ready to just sleep for a week when i walked down the hall where i foumd josh and tom they looked as if they were arguing "please dont say your fighting again i havent got the energy to deal with it" i said and they looked at me "of course not soph, you know us" josh said "i spoke to maggie ive been acting like a brat what your doing is amazing" josh said "i dont know if i am doing it" tom siad "come again" i said "if i get excepted i dont know if ive got the bottle..you've seen Maggie I just don't want to get her hopes up" tom said as miss donnegan came down the hall "josh there waiting for you" she said as tom and I headed to the lecture hall "you okay" I asked him "i don't know soph, josh has thousands of pounds worth of debt and I don't know how to help him" he said as we walked into the lecture hall "we'll figure it out, were all a family" I said.

I picked sammi up from the crèche at the end of the day and walked down to the hallway to find tom and josh "you okay" I  asked tom and he sighed "just one of those days" he said "hiya sammi" josh said picking up sammi who squealed with laughter "your kids" I said to him "you know you don't have to do this if you don't want ot dad, another donor could come round" josh said to tom "yeah your right, look im scared right but im not half as scared as Maggie is shes barely coping to start with I couldn't forgive myself if I didn't at least try" tom said "i wish youd talk to me abut this" I said as I picked up sammi from the ground  "look Maggie is lucky to have you, so am I, and soph she loves you more than you know maybe you should talk to her more about this stuff after all she is your wife" josh said and I smiled and tom turned to face me "yeah your right son" he said as he walked over to Maggie and took her bags off her "we'll take these we'll even put a bit of tea on if you'll have us" tom said "but you have josh" she said "and between us we cook a mean spagbol, don't we dad" josh said "you don't want to try it Maggie trust me" I said and tom nudged me "its better than your curry" he said "god no I still have nightmares" josh said "im not the housewife kind you both know that" I said "thanks tom, sophie" Maggie said "im all your until the operation so make the most of it" tom said and he looked to me "and you better be willing to look after me" he said "in sickness and health right" I said repeating our vows.