Breaking point

I sat in the living room with sammi when tom came in "hello princess" he said picking her up from the floor where she was crawling around she squealed with happiness when she spotted him "hi doll" he said kissing my lips "you were up early" he said "well sammi was up early, meaning I was especially since you were not getting up you didn't even hear her crying, too busy snoring" I said "im sorry soph, I was tired" he said "so am I tom ,im always tired" I snapped as I stood up and walked to the kitchen. Tom followed me inside "im sorry" he said as he pulled me in a hug "so am I, I didn't mean to snap its just im tired and I got up three times last night with her then she was up at half five" "wake me, next time will you" he said and I nodded "will you read this" he said as he handed me a business proposal "whats this?" I asked him "my proposal for the new syllabus" he said "ill have a read, if you get sammi sorted" I said as I sat down at the kitchen table "sure" he said heading back to the living room as I read the proposal. "What do you think?" he asked as we got into the car "it seems alright though I wouldn't ask me, im not a teacher" I said.

we got to school and I picked sammi up from the car seat when we spotted josh "there's joshy" I said to sammi "you could of waited I would of given you a lift" tom said to him "i need some air" josh said "ill see you later im going to drop her off" I said as I left them to talk. I headed to the office to find my dad "hows the groom to be" tom asked mr budgen "leave him be tom" I said "lets just say Margaret interpretation of low key is different to mine" he said "its a first when your the only one of us whos in a serious relationship" tom said "you what, and what are we then tom" I asked him "i didn't mean it like that soph" he said "whatever" I said as my dad walked out of the office that was full of staff "i don't remember receiving my invite to this party" he said "ill talk to you later dad" I said as I walked off.

I headed off to maths and sat with madi "scum bag" I said as gus sat at the desk next ot her "soph, don't say anything will you" she said "don't worry, I wont you not the only one going through relationship trouble" I said "what, you and tom what happened" she asked "he said that budgen was the only one in a serious relationship I mean I could be over reacting but we've been together for nearly four years if this isn't a serious relationship then what is it" I said "hey madi" gus said getting her attention she turned around and looked at him "ive got a couple of tickets for a gig tonight, if your interested" he said "id love too, if I was desperate to hang round with a brainless, ape child" she said and the whole class snickered as the bell rang. when janeece came in and shouted at mr chalk as all of us stood ad watched "shows over" tom said as he walked into the classroom "sorted it have you" tom said before he walked out as josh followed him and I stood not far behind watching them "dad, whats going on?" josh asked "he shouldn't of done that to janeece" tom said "what so he should of lied" josh asked "yes...no" he said as he turned to walk away "yeah because that's what you do with everything isn't it...just lie to yourself, everything's fine and expect all your problems to magically disappear" "whats that suppose to mean?" tom asked "it means I don't want to hang with you all the time, I need my own life im not your partner im your son snd talking off your partner maybe you should talk to her you've upset her, sophie thinks that you don't want to marry her after what you said to mr budgen this morning" he said as he walked away, just thanks josh just drop me in it. Tom spotted me standing there by the stairs and walked over to me "is it true?" he asked me sighing I nodded my head "yeah, we've been engaged nearly three years and I feel as if were not moving forward and what you said this morning about budgen being the only one in a serious relationship just confirmed it" I said "i honestly didn't mean it like that, I meant it must be serious as to how quick there moving forward, I would marry you right now if I could" he said "well maybe not right now, considering im in my school uniform" I said.

I Walked into the hall to find janeece "hey" i said as i walked over to her she smiled at me "i heard about the day you've had, im sorry" i said as she hugged me "you Sophie mason , are amazing don't you ever let anyone bring you down, not even tom Clarkson he's a good man but he needs to let you be your own person" she said "jan, your talking crazy" i said to her "im leaving im going to go to Ibiza and live with my mum" she said "jan, really" i said "Maxine would be proud of you, your a great mum unlike me" she said "your young, by yourself your obviously going to struggle" i said to her "i love you sophie mason, more than you'll ever know" she said "you two janeece Bryant" i said to her. i walked down the hallway i wasn't really going anywhere in particular just wondering when i ended up at my dads office i stood outside the hall where i spotted him in with Rhiannon i walked in as he told her to stop thinking of her family "really, your screwing everyone else up" i said to him "im just offering life tools, worked for me" he said "yeah and that worked so well, because of that your father is going to end up dying alone" i said "what are you talking about" "he didn't want me to tell you as he didn't want your pity but i can see that there no chance of that happening" i said "HOW DARE YOU INVADE MY PRIVACY LIKE THIS, MY FAMILY IS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU" he yelled "I AM YOUR FAMILY, IM THE ONLY FAMILY YOU HAVE" I yelled "your fathers not the only bully" i said as i walked out of the office where i found tom "hey" he said to me and i hugged him "can we go home" i asked him "sure" he said as he took my hand and we headed to pick sammi up and headed home as i tried to fight back the tears in my eyes.