Chapter 19 Commitment with lasting love

Start from the beginning

After working out a few kinks as we all laughed with just how simple we could mess up  we finished up after three practice rounds, Dillon  and Nolan had come to terms and joked a bit with each other during the whole rehearsal which broke any tension between them. Peg even shed a few tears during it  making  it a very emotional high for each one of us, Tom smiling wiping her tears as she softly said “ We have waited for this day, your parents, Tom and I always knew this day would come even after you broke up, our babies have finally grown up.”Nolan kissed her cheek while he was  holding my back against his chest resting his chin on my shoulder as we talked about tomorrow and Dillon  showing he truly was happy for us as he and Nolan shook hands before we all got into the vehicles to go to dinner. The staff at the Kyoto was attentive and very pleased to have us tonight so they could get the final approvals on the food menu. Megan did her job as maid of honor well handling all the little details with the restaurant staff  then joined us  right before we had our food delivered for dinner. Tom and Peg started the conversation with some reminiscing about us in high school making me blush with some of the memories voiced for all to hear, Nolan took the ribbing  well and even Dillon got picked on during the evening. Roger and TC getting a new outlook on Nolan their Captain, Max  enjoying it all as he got to learn more about his “parents” past , while Megan  added a few things from our college days. Making the whole evening more of a roast for Nolan and I but it was all in  good fun as we all laughed and enjoyed the conversations all around the table.

At eleven  Tom picked up the bill  while we all said good night, Dillon teasing Nolan not to be late and Dean replied back “ Oh I'll make sure he's even early so there is no way Alexia has to worry about anything tomorrow.”  Nolan smirked bumping Dean as I smiled and everyone just smiled along with me. Max figured he'd be better off staying with Nolan tonight since all the girls were staying at the house  tonight so  we could start getting ready early in the morning, he even said he was taking Jett with him. I inhaled watching the men in my life getting into Nolan's mustang and felt a slow sadness come over me, I wasn't going to be alone but Max and Jett have become so much a part of my world it felt strange not having either one  around for even one night. Megan shook her head as she and the girls all got into our vehicles and I took one more deep sigh before I got in heading for home. The five of us all went right off to bed when we got to the house, all setting our alarms for six for breakfast in the morning.

Being I was use to waking early, I wasn't surprised when I  walked downstairs and saw only Megan sitting at the breakfast counter sipping  on a  mug of coffee. She snorted with a nod as I smiled going  right to the coffee and poured a mug “ So who wakes up the other three?” making Megan smirk “ Oh you know let me handle that chore, so the old college way or not?” I  shook my head “ Oh be my guest the old college way  of course.”  I knew better than to leave the kitchen as Megan filled a super soaker with the coldest tap water and asked me where my old bull horn was. I couldn't stop laughing when I heard the siren of the bull horn going off and laughed harder hearing three thuds I presumed being Brianna, Ella and Julie landing on the floor  before hearing all screech “ Holy hell Megan that's freezing cold water.” Megan walked back into the kitchen “ Mission accomplished.” as she and I smiled while she started helping me with making us all breakfast.  I had to bit my lip when they came into the kitchen scowling looking like drowned rats,  Megan who just shrugged “ When I said six I meant six, now you know how in our day we woke up people who just didn't want to be on time.” Brianna grumbled “ Thank god then you two graduated before us.” as I set down their plates with scrambled eggs, toast and sausages holding in laughter.

 It remained quiet as we ate, Megan and I smiling while the other three just eyed us waiting for any more pranks. After the dishes were cleaned and washed  they got started on my make up and hair for the wedding today and since it was about ten  they would still have enough time to do their own makeup and hair for each other. Dean  called Megan informing her that Nolan has rented a limo  to pick us up and would be at the gate at two pm, I nodded as she relayed the info so I could let the driver through.  Megan  smiled after hanging up with Dean saying “ It seems lover boy is already pacing at the apartment.” as she put the finishing touches on my makeup I exhaled “ So would I be if I wasn't sitting down or figured you four wouldn't yell at me to relax if I paced.” As the time went on by the girls finally had their make up and hair done , we all smiled before it hit us  when we heard the limo driver buzzing at the gate. Megan went downstairs to open the gate as Brianna, Ella and Julie picked up the bouquets and helped me with the train as I walked down the stairs.