Chapter 6 | Project You Wouldn't Be Alive For Much Longer

Start from the beginning

She coughed uncomfortably as her eyes wandered away from my gaze. "I went...somewhere."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Where did you go?" I asked as I took a step closer to her, a way of pressuring her to tell me.

She scratched her neck nervously. "I went with Jordan," she answered quietly as she took a step back, away from me.

"And?" I probed for more answers. I knew she was not telling me the whole truth because when we had played truth or dare she was not there. However, I do recall Jordan not being there when I had ran away from Lorenzo in embarrassment.

Had Sophia come in looking for Jordan or did Jordan go looking for her and why did they seem so close with one another. They had never spoken before I became the chosen girl.

"And what?" She asked confused, scratching her brownish reddish hair.

I elevated my left brow. "Why did you disappear with Jordan?"

"Because I felt like it and..."

"And?"

"Why the hell are you so nosy?!" She bellowed in anger.

I took a step back, distancing myself away from her, my eyes widened at the tone of her voice. My mouth gaped open, surprised that she was angry at me for asking a simple question.

"You always what to know everything, but guess what you don't know what I have been through!" She continued, shouting once more. "You do not need to know every little single thing about me just like I have no clue what secrets Brandon knows about you."

I narrowed my eyes in confusion. "Sophia, are you okay?" I asked wearily, taking a step closer to her, trying to offer her a hug she took a step towards the door, denying the hug I was offering. "I am fine," she answered quietly, her eyes staring at the ground.

I shook my head slowly. She wasn't fine. "Sophia, you can tell me," I urged, once more.

"I said I am fine! Why must you always think something is wrong with me?!" Sophia barked angrily.

"Why are you being such a bitch?" I demanded furiously.

Now I was furious, who did she think she was to yell at me? What had I done to her? She was acting like a drama queen.

She pointed at herself. "I'm the bitch?"

"You acting like one, so yes, you are a bitch,"

"At least I am not a fucking dr-," She stopped mid-sentence and gasped loudly, taking a step away from me, when she realized what she was about to say. "I am so sorry, I did not mean it," She apologized sincerely as she took a step closer to me.

I took a step back, hurt from what she was going to say. She might have not have finished her sentence but it felt like she had. I could not breathe almost like someone was strangling. I blinked the tears away.

She took a step closer. "I am so s-"

"Save it," I snapped.

"Ale-" she tried once more.

I walked towards the door. "Get out of my house!" I yelled as I opened my room door wider waiting for her to leave.

"I really did not mean it," She whispered as she dragged her feet out of my bedroom and out my house.

I wanted to yell at her more, I wanted to punch her, but I knew deep inside I wanted to call out her name to demand her to give me a hug and get rid of what just happened a few moments ago.

*~*

"Nothing to do," I groaned as I stood up from my bed.

I thought I was going to die of boredom. I was even willing to offer my mom with the dishes, cooking or even help clean the whole house.