The rainbow mermaid (REDO) part 2

Начните с самого начала

"We know, Twilight", Applejack butt in.

Applejack sat back in the passenger seat of Rarity's car.

"We go in quietly and see if we can see er'. We don't make any loud noise or call out to her or it might scare her away".

"Sorry", Twilight said. "I just really want to observe her without her noticing. Mermaids are mythical creatures so discovering a real, live mermaid is something I want to write about and find get as much data from her as possible".

Twilight held up a notebook and a wooden pencil, smiling brightly.

"I want to take notes too".

Typical Twilight Sparkle.

"Of coarse ya do", Applejack said. "You'd make a great scientist".

"Thanks", Twilight said. "Now C'mon. Grab your stuff girls".

The girls finally got of the car. They got their stuff and headed in the direction of the cove.

It was a pretty silent walk. They talked quietly and looked around to see their surroundings.

Once they got to the cove, the girls were basically silently. The five walked towards the edge of the pool. Tall grass was blocking their view. They used that as a cover.

Getting on the ground, the teens put their towels and bookbags down.

"Let's see if she's here", Pinkie whispered to the others.

Applejack nodded. She crawled over to the tall grass. Looking over her shoulder, Applejack could see the others right behind her. Applejack looked back at the grass. As gently and slowly and quietly as possible, she pulled the tall grass apart so they could see. They immediately saw someone.

Applejack's eyes widened a little.

She was back. The rainbow colored haired mermaid was there, sitting on a large flat rock. The girl was playing with the water. She splashed her tail, throwing handfuls of water into the air and over her head. Her long hair was matted down on her skin, it obviously being soaked. They could hear faint laughter.

Applejck was starstruck. She was beautiful.

Applejack couldn't seem to look away. She wished she could find out if she had a name.

"Wow".

Applejack turned her head and looked at Twilight. The purple haired teen was writing down notes.

"This is amazing".

"We can't tell anyone about her", Applejack said quietly.

The girls looked up at her.

"Why not??", Rarity asked.

Applejack guessed she knew nothing of the relationship between humans and mythical creatures.

"If people know mermaids are here, scientists will come n' take er from her home and experiment on er. Maybe kill her. Ah don't want her ta go through hell so we keep this to ourselves. Okay??".

The others nodded.

Applejack looked back at the mermaid. The mermaid wasn't playing with the water anymore. She was looking right at them.

"I think she sees us", Pinkie whispered. "She's looking right at us".

"Ah don't know", Applejack said. "Just stay silent and don't move".

The human teens and the mermaid looked at eachother. Applejack was now positive they had been spotted but still they said nothing.

Until finally.

"I can see you".

The girls' eyes widened. So the mermaid could speak English.

Applejack sighed. She was almost certain the girl would hide as soon as she stood up, but she did anyways.

"Don't worry", she said. "We're not here to hurt chu. Only ta watch".

The mermaid gasped, her eyes widening in fear.

Applejack took small, slow step towards the water.

"We're not going ta come after ya", Applejack promised. "We only came ta watch n' observe. We've never seen a mermaid b'fore".

The others girls came our behind her. They were silent and did their best not to look dangerous or mean or scary. The mermaid was frozen.

As seconds went by, she wasn't as tense. Applejack stood at the water's edge. She smiled gently.

"Mah name's Applejack", she said, her voice loud enough for the girl across the way to hear.

The mermaid watched Applejack as she sat down on the rocky ground. She eyed Applejack suspiciously.

Slowly she slipped into the water. Applejack thought she was going to leave. But then, the girl started swimming up to her.

The mermaid swam up to the shore. She pulled herself up so her waist and tail were in the water. She looked up at Applejack.

"Hi".

"So mermaids speak English", Twilight said.

The mermaid nodded.

"Yeah".

The other girls came up to them. Applejack saw the girl move back. She guessed she was doing this in case she felt the need to escape.

"I'm Twilight", Twilight said. "This is Fluttershy, Rarity and Pinkie Pie".

She pointed to each girl as she introduced them.

"Hi there!!", Pinkie said.

The mermaid jumped at the loud volume. Rarity elbowed Pinkie.

"Not so loud".

Applejack looked at the mermaid. She looked nervous. She hoped she could see her more often.

"Do you have a name??", she asked.

The mermaid looked at her and nodded.

"Rainbow Dash".

Rainbow Dash. Nice name. Applejack thought it fit her. A unique name but yet she could see why she was named that. Her hair had the many colors of the rainbow.

Applejack smiled.

"Nice ta meet cha".

Rainbow smiled. "You too".

So let me know what you thought of this :)