Chapter 45: Change

Start from the beginning

How dare she send that text?

Who did she think she was?

Would we ever find her?

These were just a few thoughts, although they seemed to be repeating themselves.

I unzipped my backpack and pull out the drawing Robyn left me. It still hadn't smudged, so it looked as perfect as always. Why did she draw this for me? I knew she missed me and cared about me, but this picture seemed to represent more then that. 

We were cuddling in the picture; I still remembered the day Niall took it...

"ROBYN, COME BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!" I yelled at Robyn as she ran around my kitchen's island. 

"MAKE ME!" She yelled back, grinning.

I smirked at her evilly. "Challenge accepted!" And I was off, running as fast as I could, trying to catch Robyn. She ran through the kitchen door and slammed it behind her, trying to throw me off. When I opened the door though, she was nowhere to be found; all the life I could see were the boys snuggled up in a blanket, looking a bit annoyed at me, accept for Harry, who was looking red and grinning like an idiot.

"Where is she?" I asked, walking towards the couch.

When I got closer I could see a large human shaped lump on Harry's lap. BINGO.

I grinned and slowly tip-toed towards Harry. He shook his head, as if saying' no, I don't want her to leave me' but I ignored him. I waited 3 seconds, ripped the blanket off of him and the lads and grabbed Robyn, who was squealing like a pig. I picked her up and carried her over to the extra couch, before placing her on my lap. 

"Don't run away from me ever again!" I whispered in her ear.

"I promise!" she said, wrapping her arms around me as I heared a snap of a camera.

'"You promised..." I whispered, rubbing my eyes and grunting.

She fucking promised m-

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw the familiar violet hair coming back into view, but it seemed to be a bit darker from the corner of my eye. I clicked my sight towards her to see that she had dark red paint in her hair, on her face and all over her clothes. She must've been an artist.

She was all the way on the other side of the park, so I couldn't really see properly, but she looked like she had been crying. It looked like her purple eyes were bloodshot and her nose was flushed, but her skin looked sweaty and pale.

I felt myself frown subconciously. Why was she crying?

I watched with wonder as she slowly stumbled to the pond, dragging her feet miserably as she looked at nothing. Her face was blank; her eyes dark. When she got to it, she climbed over the tiny fence surrounding the pond and stood at the edge of the stone, making me stand up quickly.

What on earth was she doing?

When I thought she was about to jump, she simply bent down, cupped some filthy water in her hands and splashed her face, wiping off the paint that has blanched her face. She rubbed her arms and even tried to get some off of her clothes, but failed, leaving her to groan and grab her hair in frustration. I felt myself relax when I realised she wasn't going to jump and closed my eyes, glad I wouldn't have to jump in to save her. 

But about 5 seconds after I closed my eyes, I heared a splash, and the beautiful girl with violet hair was nowhere to be seen.

Shit.

I looked around the park to see that there was absolutely nobody else there to save the girl... but wait? Maybe she could swim?

I watched for a while before realising that she hadn't returned to the surface.

You idiot! She could be dead by now!

I ran over towards the pond whilst throwing off my backpack, jacket and IPod and jumped into the pond, feeling the impact of the freezing cold water hitting me like daggers. Shocked, I kicked myself back to surface and held onto the side of the pond as I couldn't swim. I wiped my face quickly and looked around; She still hadn't surfaced. I ducked under water with my eyes closed and began to feel around. I kept my eyelids glued together because I didn't want the dirt from the pond getting into my eyes. Knowing that I was being useless, I let go of the stone and tried my best to swim around. Why were these ponds so damn deep!

I moved my arms the way I saw swimmers from TV do and kicked my legs and I felt myself moving towards the place the girl jumped. I surfaced again, wiped my eyes, held my breath and ducked, feeling around and trying to get to the bottom of the pond, but the lack of oxygen in my body brought me back to the surface again. Sighing in frustration, I threw myself down as far as I could, my body straight to try and feel any kind of arm or leg or something. But I felt nothing. 

I rose to the surface and wiped my eyes, panting. I looked around and saw that there were bubbles popping on the surface about a metre away, so I kicked myself over, took the biggest breath I'd ever taken and dropped under the water. I swam and swam, trying my hardest to push myself to the bottom of the pond, and I felt myself turn warm with happiness as I felt fingers graze my hand. I tried not to gasp with excitement (because that'd end badly), grabbed her hand and pushed myself towards the surface. I felt the need to breathe get bigger and bigger as I rose to the surface and when I felt the freezing air hit my face, I took a massive gulp of air and swam to the stone edge, the girl's hand still in mine as I kept her head above the filthy water.

I grabbed onto the fence and dragged the girl's body towards mine, wrapped my arm around her waist so she was pressed up against me, and rolled her onto the hard surface, heaving myself up as well. I laid down on the ground, panting madly and wiping my face. Once I gained enough oxygen, I looked around to the mysterious girl, who's purple hair was covering her face, and crawled over to her.

"Are-Are you alright?" I asked, grabbing her hand, but she didn't reply.

Shit. I pulled her head onto my lap and wiped the hair away from her mouth and I automatically opened it and began to huff and puff air into her lungs.

And to be honest, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't felt fireworks. I know, it wasn't even a proper kiss, but the feeling of her lips on mine felt amazing.... indescribable.

I continued to breathe into her mouth over and over and I started to feel her shaking. I moved my lips away from hers, unwillingly, and she began to cough and cough, water spraying everywhere. She inhaled deeply and sat up in a snap, so her back was facing me.

She panted over and over again as she clutched her hair, her chest, her mouth... anywhere she could. 

"Oh my, God, are you alright?!" I asked, sitting onto my knees.

She froze suddenly, a hand clutching her jumper on her chest and the other in her purple hair, but her breathing got heavier. Slowly, she wiped her hair away from her face and turned to face me, with a look of shock.

Why did she look so shocked? Oh, wait, I was Zayn Malik, of course she'd be shocked...

"Zayn?!" She panted, her hand hovering over her mouth.

My head snapped up to meet her purple eyes when I heared the undeniably familiar voice ring through my ears.

My mouth opened, I studied every single part of her body. Her hair that was once brown, long and straight, was now even longer and purple... it looked straight at the moment, due to the water dripping through it, but I remembered earlier how it had been in beach waves. Her once hazel/green eyes were now a light purple, matching her hair and her various piercings. Her nails were much longer than they used to be; they used to be chipped and bitten. I also noticed an awesome dragon tattoo on her hand that never used to be there.

Overall, she just looked simply beautiful, striking and bad ass all in one perfect body.

"...Robyn?"