“You are lost and just might be crazy, but the voice you hear belongs to me.”

            I looked around again still to find no one. “Belongs… to who?” My voice was shaky. The fear of someone being close enough to see and hear me, but they themselves remain invisible.

          “Me.” At the same time the voice spoke the cat jumped down from above me. “It is my voice you hear.”

             Wide eyed and frozen with fear I stared at it.

            That cat just spoke. That cat just spoke to me! That’s all that kept running through my mind.

            Poppy came out smiling and holding a large blue bowl.

          “I-it…it…it...I…it…” That was all I could get out. My heart was pounding, blood rushing to my head. I was breathing heavy and fast.

            “Aww…Jinx, you didn’t!” Poppy stomped her foot.

           “What?” He asked innocently. He twitched his ears and I was out like a light.

************

         I wake up some time later lying on something really uncomfortable. I didn’t open my eyes because I could here the others in the room.“You really can be foolish some times you know,” That was Poppy’s voice, “You’re lucky I keep you around.”

             “He was going to find out anyway. So no harm done,” And that voice… was the cat.

             “No harm done? You nearly killed him.”

          “Hardly. Have you not seen him? Those green eyes, the black hair. The sight of a talking pussycat isn’t enough to go and kill the boy,” I could almost hear the cat’s eyes rolling. I wonder what they were talking about. What was so important about my eye and hair color?

                “But how do we know it’s him?”

                “I don’t know, but everything…” The cat trailed off, “Eavesdropping isn’t very good manners.”

               “Cats aren’t ‘sposed to talk.” I scoffed sitting up on the couch I was lying on and the cat just laughed at me.

               “I made you this. We’re going to the kingdom tomorrow. The food will be better there,” Poppy placed the blue bowl in front of me. It was filled to the rim with oatmeal. I didn’t want to take it, but my stomach demanded that I must. I ate quickly my eyes never leaving the cat.

              “Do I have something in my fur?” He licked his paw and ran it across his face. I didn’t answer I just stared at it.

               “Alex…” I stopped eating when it said my name, “Alex, staring at me isn’t going to make me go away. Or stop me from talking.”

              “How can the Cat talk?” I directed my question to Poppy. Not wanting to talk to it.

               “Well…Jinx isn’t really a cat.”

               “It sure looks like a cat. What is it if it isn’t a cat?” I said bluntly. I know I was being kind of rude but I didn’t care. I had a talking ‘it’ in front of me and I didn’t know where I was.

                “Well he isn’t an animal…” Poppy said staring at the thing trying to find out how to answer my question.

             “I’m a mecha-organism,” Jinx spoke up seeing that Poppy was having difficulty trying to explain.

                  “Like a robot?” I asked it.

                  “Exactly.”

              “But when you were sitting on my chest, you didn’t feel robotic. You felt like a living breathing thing.” I said excitedly. Its weird that I felt more comfortable talking to a robot than a talking cat.

             “That’s the way I was made.”

            “But I have never heard of something that is near that advance.” I shook my head finding it hard to believe.

          “Hmm…” Jinx rubbed his body up against Poppy’s leg. He behaved just like a cat, “I already know you don’t know where you are. But do you have any idea as to when you are?”

            What kind of question was that?

          “I feel like I have been thrown back a thousand years.” I chuckled to myself and Jinx chuckled as well.

            “Try forward.”

*************************************************************

A/Note

SugarMonsta- I don’t like oatmeal either. Press the vote button!

October~ oatmeal made more sense. What do you think of it so far. Also we need suggestion for actors. We can’t agree. Jinx will be Carl Elwes no matter what he ^ says. Please comment & vote & spread the word. :D Thanks for reading!