Rainy Season

Remember how we used to laugh at those who ran from the rain, clinging to their belongings like oxygen, as if the world would end if they dropped them in that dark water the sky cries when we don't look at him enough. We liked to look straight up at the grey clouds approaching and call them beautiful. Let the rain pour, let the world try to move us, and scare us and tame us into cowards. We were the bravest in this town. The craziest too. But insanity didn't sound all that bad to us.
You were that kind of person that would stand in the middle of the highway and dare the universe to take you away. There was no rain, no storm, no pain that would turn us into the rest of them. There wasn't.
You told me you weren't afraid of death. It was life that kept you awake at night. The future, the what do you want to be when you grow up?
We weren't made for that kind of life. To think about the consequences.
Watching you put on your raincoat makes me sick, seeing you protecting her from the cold breaks me...
With my last breath I dare you to die with me
I thought you were there with me, standing on that highway.
You can be driving the car for all I care,
run me over
run away
never think of me again
Call me a distant memory
A dream
I'll fade
My blood is the dark tears the sky cries when you forget about his beauty, and don't look at him enough
My veins are the streets we used to run on
I am that freedom you will always crave
And never feel again

When I think about you I will laugh bitterly
You were that push I was hoping for
The lightning cutting through the sky
Shaking me to the core
But no more

I fell
Never asked you to catch me
Just to fall with me