Chapter 14: Insanity

Brad began to sweat. He wasn't feeling right. "Brad, you okay?" Jasmine asked. "Y-y-yeah. Y-yeah I-I-I'm fine." He stuttered. Jasmine frowned at him. "You sure? You're not acting right." She said. "I'm fine, Jas'." Brad said. "Look, s-same old me." He said and walked away.

"What's wrong?" Bruce asked. "Brad isn't acting right." She told him. "Like how?" Bruce asked. "I don't know. He seems... paranoid." She told him. "Well, that walker attack wasn't exactly a walk through the park." He said. "Wait, you mean he's bitten?" Jasmine panicked. "What?! No, that's not what I meant. I just meant that it was a scary situation for everyone." He said.

Brad began shaking. He was scared. His fear worsened as the infection spread through his body. His paranoia worsened. Brad jumped to the sound of a bird hitting the window. He kept seeing hallucinations.

Brad! Anytime now! Jakes voice echoed through his head. Have a good day sweetie he heard his mother. I'm Jasmine... Go to the office... Brad, get over here. Voices echoed in his head from his life. He began whimpering in fear. The infection was making Brad go crazy, one of the symptoms of being bitten by a runner.

"I never loved Jas', I always hated her. Fuck Jas'... fuck Jas'! Fuck Jas'! Fuck Jas'!" He repeated. "I'm insane. I'm insane. I'm insane." He said.

Voices in his head were telling him to kill the group.

"Wonder what it's like to be bitten by a walker or runner." Abigail said to Clementine. "Hmmm, me too." Clementine agreed. "Are the symptoms different?" Abigail started. "From what I saw, when someone's bitten by a walker, you kinda get the flu sorta. High fever, that kinda stuff." She added. "What do you think a runners symptoms are like?" She asked Clementine. "I don't know, we don't really know that much about runners yet." Clementine said.

The girl's conversation was interrupted when they saw Brad exit the room he was in. He wasn't acting normal. "Are you okay?" Clementine asked. "Okay? Yeah. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I- I- I'm okay." He stated unusually quickly. Abigail and Clementine looked at each other. "Ya sure?" Abigail added. "Y-yeah." Brad said.

As he walked away, the girls could hear him mumbling words to himself. He walked in a hunched position, and would twitch from time to time.

"I don't like the way he's actin'." Abigail said. "Yeah, me neither." Clementine said. "Should we follow 'em?" Abigail asked. Clementine nodded. The girls stood up and quietly followed the infected Brad.

Brad kept hearing voices in his head, kept mumbling to himself, kept twitching, until he forgot who he was. The stages of the infection were almost finished.

He bumped into Will. "Whoa, you okay?" Will looked into the bloodshot eyes of Brad. "Brad?" He just looked into Will's eyes, not even remembering the man's name. "Brad, what's wrong? What happened?" Will questioned him. That's when he noticed the bite on Brads arm. "My god." Will whispered. "That runner bit you." Brad pushed Will against the wall and placed his finger against his lips. "Shhh! Shhh! Shhh! Shhhhh! You didn't see anything." Brad whispered and walked away.

"Will?" Clementine said as she and Abigail came out. "We need to kill Brad." He said straight up. "He's been bitten by a runner." He added. They looked at Brads strange walk. Twitching and mumbling. Brad let out a gasp. He fell to his knees and collapsed to the ground.

"Oh, shit." Will said and ran to Brad. "Shit! Is he dead?" Abigail asked. "I don't know! Get the others!" Will ordered. "Even Jas'?" Clementine asked. "This is her fuckin' boyfriend! Yes!" Will said.