Chapter 12: The Gas

"Up here." Will called down. Jake nodded and climbed the ladder up to him. "Who's going first?" Will asked, peering down into the dark station. "Guess I will." Jake said and jumped down with no hesitation. "See anything?" Will asked. "No. Get down here." Jake said. Will crouched down and cautiously jumped down. Accidentally knocking something over. Which caused a loud bang.

Walker moans echoed all around the area. "Nice one dipshit!" Jake said. "Let's just get the gas and get outta here!" Will said and quickly started looking for gas. "There! There's some in there!" Will pointed into a room. "Argh! Shit! Door's locked!" Will shouted. Glass shattered as Jake tossed a chair into it. He jumped in and grabbed the cans of gas.

"Shit." Jake said as he and Will looked out the window. Walkers. A storm. And the night.

Clementine looked out into the town. "S'been awhile." Abigail said. Clementine nodded. "I'm a little concerned." She said. Abigail shrugged. "Maybe it's just a heavy can. Which could be a good thing. 'Cause then we'd have a lot a' gas." Abigail said. Clementine nodded.

Will sat on the floor. Jake leaned against the wall. Walkers banged on the window. Cracking the glass as they did. Then, one of them began to mutate. "Aw, not again." Will said. "What's it doin'?" Jake questioned. Will stood up and sighed. "Just watch." He said. The walker let out groans and screams as it continued to mutate. The walker went limp and stood still for a moment.

Then the walker immediately looked back up and let out a yell.

The runner dashed toward the window and jumped through. "Yo, what the fuck?!" Jake shouted. The runner pushed itself off the ground and ran at Jake. The runner grabbed onto Jake. But the runners fast momentum was used against him when Jake tossed him over his back and onto the ground. Jake stomped on the runners head. Walkers began climbing into the station, flooding it.

"Hold on!" Will said and ran to the back door. "Gimme a hand!" He said to Jake. He grabbed the gas cans and ran over to Will. Will and Jake began ramming the door with their shoulders. Will kicked the door. Nothing. A walker reached over to them. Will and Jake grabbed the walker and both slammed it through the door. "There! Come on, get the cans and let's get outta here!" Will said.

As they ran out the back, they saw more walkers mutating. "That ain't good." Jake said. "All the more reason to get the hell out of this damn town!" Will said and the two started running down the street.