Chapter 6

I woke up the next morning with half of my body hanging off of the bed, with the sun shining on my face. I blinked a few times and sat up, stretching. I yawned and looked over at the clock, it was 10:24 am. I rolled my eyes and fell back down on my bed. I stared at the celling. I shouldn’t be up.

I tried to go back to sleep, but failed. I groaned and got out of bed. I took a few steps, and felt something squish between my toes. I looked down and saw a squished tomato. I grinned, and lifted up my foot. I grabbed the nearest shirt on the floor, and wiped the tomato off.

I went to the kitchen and got a few paper towels, and went back. I picked it up and tossed it out my window. I frowned at the red stain on my carpet.

I went to my bathroom and turned on my shower. I walked back to my living room, and saw my mum on the couch with a cup of coffee. “Hey mum, I don’t know how to get a stain off of my carpet. Can you clean it up while I’m in the shower?” I asked, giving a pleading look.

She looked up at me, and smiled. “Sure, honey. What did you spill?”

I laughed. “I stepped on a tomato.” I said.

My mum raised an eyebrow.

“Long story short, Dallas and I are having a tomato war.” I said walking off.

I went into my bathroom and shut my door. I slipped off my clothes and left them in a pile on the floor. I stepped inside my shower, and closed the glass door. I let the warm water run down my body, and into my hair. I turned so I wasn’t facing the shower head, and tilt my head back. I took a few deep breaths, letting the steam open my slightly stuffy nose.

I washed my hair and conditioned it, like normal. Then I washed my body. After I rinsed off all soap, I stood there. I could feel the water becoming cold. I put my hands on the wall, and hung my head. The water was running down my slick hair and onto my face. I felt a little dizzy, so I turned off the water and stepped out.

I wrapped the towel around my body, and another around my hair. I stepped out of my bathroom, and saw a little wet spot on the stain. It looked like it had never been there before. I went to my closet, and picked out some leggings, a sweater, underwear, bra, and leg warmers. I felt lazy.

I slipped off my towel and dried myself off. I dressed myself, then took off the towel on my head. I ruffled my head with the towel to dry it, then hung up my towels. I brushed my hair and put it up in a bun.

I looked around my messy room. I sighed, and started to pick up clothes that were on the floor, and threw them in my hamper.

I grabbed the book To Kill a Mockingbird, and sat down on my bed. I crossed my legs and leaned against my pillow. I had this to read for school, I never really had time to read it yet.

I got about a chapter done, when I heard my window move. When it opened, and the cold air rushed in, Dallas crawled through the window. He plopped down on my bed, and closed the window. “Fancy seeing you here.” He joked.

I laughed. “Yeah, so fancy. What’s up?” I asked, putting my book down.

“They boys want to hang, and sent me here to get ya.” Dallas said looking down at my floor. “See you found my present.” He said grinning at me.

I nodded and sighed. “Yes.” I paused for a second. “So, they want me there now, or?” I asked.

Dallas shrugged. “I guess. I walked in there and they asked me if I had heard from you.” Dallas cracked my window, and lit a cigarette.

I rolled my eyes. “Well, I’ll just put on some socks and shoes and I’ll head over there.” I said getting up. I walked to my dresser and pulled out some neon green socks, and bent down to grab my worn chucks. I put them on and stood up.