Chapter 1 (Polished version)

So I'm completely horrified with the original. There is so many flaws with my protagonist and its just. Not good. However, I've come to understand that some of you actually truly love it. So, I've re written the first chapter and modified some things that have just bothered me after re reading. I will give you, my readers an option. If you like this redone version, I'll make a whole new book with the polished version. I'll be reading each chapter and keeping true to what I wrote the best I can, and I'll add smut in a few of those chapters as well. If you absolutely hate this and hate change, then I'll just do a bonus smut chapter and you can have that. However, if you guys don't want a redone version of this, I'm considering writing another Outsiders fic. I haven't decided if it should be an afterlife version, or an alternate version where Kat and Sodapop end up together instead. At the end of this, let me know out of all of these options, which you would like. 

-

I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror, running my fingers through my chestnut brown hair. My piercing green eyes stared right back at me, studying my pointed chin, rosey cheeks, rounded nose. No matter how many times I'd look at myself in the mirror, I always seemed to remind myself of one thing others had a hard time admitting.

I am a Greaser.

Finishing up my outfit for the night, I grabbed some dusty chuck taylors and laced them up nice and tight, since they started having a habit of coming loose and falling lately. Giving myself one last check up, I fixed my black skirt and top, wiping lipstick from the corner of my mouth and headed out of my room cautiously.

In all honesty, I just wanted to head down to the Nightly Double and catch a movie. I wasn't going out to party, drink, smoke, cause a big problem like most people my age from around here. But seeing that drink in my father's hand always made me... uneasy.

I never knew how he would react around me when he was drinking. Would I be his best friend? Enemy? Or just... some disgusting thing he had to deal with? So, with great discreet, I managed to make it past his favored arm chair and to the door, slipping out unnoticed.

Letting out a relieved sigh once outside, I instantly felt the muggy weather that greeted me. It was summer, maybe a few more weeks till school started. I had gotten into a lot of advanced, college level classes to keep myself busy. Reading was one of my favorite activities, and being smart along with that alienated me from my own people. I was too poor to hang out with the Soc's, too abnormal for the Greaser's. I didn't mind though, I was perfectly happy doing things on my own.

Checking my busted wrist watch, I noticed I was running a little late. Looking down the roads, my teeth pulled at my bottom lip. There was one short cut I knew but... never really took it at night. It was one small alleyway leading to another street, and the Nightly Double would just be a block or two away. My stomach churned as I stared down there, maybe if I ran I wouldn't have to worry as much?

Deciding that was a dumb idea, I cautiously started to walk down, my head up high. My nails dug into my palms, every sound from opposite directions made my skin crawl. That was, until I heard loud laughter coming from in front of me.

Three guys from my school started stumbling down my way, I hadn't really recognized them from the dim lighting. Putting my head down, I went to hurry past them. Nearly successful, I felt a hand grab onto my wrist.

My eyes looked down at his hand, noticing big rings. Making my way up, I was greeted with a sloppy, drunken smirk. "Where are you goin' pretty lady?" He asked, yanking me over towards the wall.

The bricks old, crumbling exterior scratched what exposed skin I had. I went to make a break for it, but the other two blocked every way I could go. Panic slowly started to set in, despite the hot weather my blood turned to ice, I was completely frozen.