Chapter 9

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. I was alone, and I finally kissed Dallas Winston last night. I swung my legs over my bed and stretched. I stood up and stretched again, feeling a few pops in my back.

I walked into my kitchen and saw Dallas sprawled out on the couch. I nearly screamed. “What are you doing here?” I asked taking a few deep breaths.

Dallas sat up. “Got into a fight with Tim Shepard, needed a place to crash. You should really lock your windows.” Dallas said giving me a wink.

I laughed. “I see. I’m gonna get some cake.” I said walking into the kitchen. I brough out the plate with the cake, and put it on the counter. I turned around and saw Dallas standing right in front of me. He scared me, again. “You’re just gonna kill me one day, you know?” I said giving a nervous laugh.

Dallas smirked and pushed me against the wall. He put his hands on the wall, trapping me. I took deep steady breaths. He got close to my ear. He licked his lips and bit them, looking me in my eyes. He lifted up my chin, and crashed his lips on mine.

His kiss was rough but passionate, and his lips were surprisingly soft. After a minute or two, he pulled away.

I looked up at him, blushing deeply. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he lifted me up. He pulled my legs around his waist and pushed me against the wall, so I wouldn’t fall. He kissed me again, holding onto my things with a tight grip.

After a few more minutes, I pulled away. “I can’t feel my legs.” I said with a laugh.

Dallas laughed with me and put me down. He ruffled his hair and smirked at me.

I grabbed two plates, feeling my hands tremble from my excitement. I grabbed a knife and two forks. I cut two slices, put them on the plate, put the forks on the plates, and served them.

I sat down at my table, and Dallas took the seat in front of me. I silently ate my cake. I wasn’t exactly sure what was happening between us. I felt like three weeks ago he hated me, now he was making out with me and crashing on my couch. I looked up and saw Dallas looking at me, he gave me a half grin.

I grinned back, and finished off my cake. I stood up and grabbed my plate to wash it. Dallas put his plate into my hands after I put mine up to dry. I shook my head and started to wash his. I finished off his and walked out the kitchen.

I walked into my bedroom. I went into my closet, and looked around. I grabbed skinny jeans, a tight long sleeved shirt, and a leather jacket. I took off my sweat pants and my tank top. I slid into my pants, when the door swung open. “Are you kidding me?” I said letting out a big sigh.

Dallas laughed as I put my shirt on in a hurry. “Sorry, Kat. Just letting you know I was gonna head over to the Curtis house. They’re having a party.” He said walking up to me. He put my jacket on me. He put his hands around my waist and pulled me close to him. “You gonna come?” He asked.

I made a fake thinking face. “I don’t know I’m pretty busy.” I said, laughing cause Dallas started tickling me saying, “The hell you are.”

I nodded after laughing. “Of course I’m going.”

Dallas rubbed the left side of my hip. He looked at me with a sly grin.

“What’s up with you?” I asked, giving a shy laugh looking up at him.

He shook his head and laughed, looking up at the wall. “I don’t know, man, I just… I guess I had a thing for you from the start. But you seemed you didn’t dig me, I don’t know…” Dallas said shrugging.

I laughed. “Of course I digged you. You’re Dallas Winston.” I said looking up at him. I leaned up and kissed him. “Come on, let’s start walking to the party.” I said.

We walked on the sidewalk side by side, while Dallas was smoking. This was a regular thing now. It was cold, but sunny. I felt little warmth on my face from the sun, but it would be for a little bit when random clouds blocked it.

We arrived to the gates of the house, and I could hear music blasting. We walked in and saw the gang, and a few people I didn’t know. They all turned to us, waved and went back to what they were doing. I looked nervously at Dallas. I mouthed, What do I do?

He shrugged. Do whatever, man. He mouthed back.

I walked around nervously, glancing at everyone. There was only one person I knew of that wasn’t in the gang, Tim Shepard. He had his own gang, who might be here.

I walked into the kitchen where Sodapop was standing with a girl, with the widest grin. He looked up at me and waved. “Kat! This is Sandy, she’s my girl.” He said smiling at her.

She waved at me, I waved back. I turned around, feeling like I was invading their privacy.

I went back to the crowded living room. The couches were taken up by girls and the gang, and so was the dining room. Darry was sitting in his normal seat, next to the phone. He was reading the newspaper. I grinned.

I sighed and looked around, clueless of what to do. Johnny was sitting at the table with Ponyboy. I walked over to them. “What do you guys do around here?” I asked.

Ponyboy shrugged. “Play cards, do whatever. Why don’t you hang out with Dallas?” Ponyboy said with a slight grin. “I know you two dig each other.”

I laughed and nodded. “Yeah, I suppose so. But what would we do?” I asked. “It seems like all he wants to do is hook up with me.” I said with a shrug.

Ponyboy let out a sigh. “That’s Dally for you. Hook up and drop.”

I looked over at Dallas in the corner of the room, lighting a cigarette. My heart pounded just by me looking at him. I don’t really know what it is, but it happens.

I walked up to him. “Wanna do anything?” I asked loudly over the music.

Dallas squinted his left eye, like he was thinking. “I don’t know man, this place is out of it.” He said blowing out smoke. “I thought it would be less crowded, or that Shepards gang would be here.” He said.

I nodded. “Yeah, I know.” I thought for a minute. “Come on, lets go outside.” I said turning around. I took a few steps, and looked over my shoulder. Dallas was following me, taking a drag from his cigarette. I smiled and continued to walk.

I walked outside and took a left, and got on the sidewalk. We walked for a minute or two. “Where are we goin’?” Dallas asked.

I looked up at him, and grinned. “You’ll see.” I said.

We got to the park, and I made my way to the weird monkey bar looking things. I climbed it, and got to the top. I sat down and let my legs dangle on the edge.

Dallas climbed up and sat next to me. He settled himself and flicked the cigarette on the floor. “Alright, what now?” He asked.

I looked up at the sky. “Ever seen a sunset before?” I asked, not taking my eyes off the sky.

I heard Dallas sigh. “No.”

I nodded, understanding he didn’t like sunsets, or anything. Maybe he didn’t like beautiful things. He wanted tragedy. “It’s real nice.” I said, breathing in the crisp air. I looked over at Dallas, who was looking at me.

His eyes were real soft, like he was at peace. Not like he normally was, looking for trouble and what not. He just looked… I don’t know. I really don’t.

“I’ll look at a sunset for you.” He said turning his head to look at the sky. He grabbed my hand, and brought me close to him. I put my head on his shoulder.

I looked at the golden colors around the sun as it was disappearing. As I watched, I thought of a poem Ponyboy had told me about.

I think in my next chapter I’ll start going into the movie. Rate and message please.