17 P2 (Sodapops pov)

Sorry it took me soo long!! My old phone messed up this app so .

Sodapop’s POV: I sat down on the couch and crossed my arms. My face was sore and wet. We lost Dallas and Johnny tonight, and I don’t know where Kat is. She’s probably off at her mom’s or Bucks. I had this real bad feeling though. Like she was doing something stupid.

I remembered when Dallas died, how she just lost it. I thought she was gonna shoot the fuzz for a brief second. It looked like she died on the inside, he meant everything to her… She means a lot to me too.

My leg moved up and down, I wanted to go find her. She needs to calm down. I don’t really know how she thinks, she can be real unpredictable. I didn’t expect her to try to go after Dallas.

I stood up and paced around, scratching the back of my head. “Guys, I gotta look for her.” I said finally.

Darry rubbed his red eyes. “Go for it.” He said hoarsely.

I nodded and headed out the door. I looked around the streets, desperately trying to find her. I looked through Bucks windows, he was shaking his head, looking out the window. He was looking ahead of me…

I started jogging and got to the park, Kat was on the ground where Dallas died, holding a gun. “Kat, don’t do it!” I shouted, picking up my speed.

She looked at me, her face pale and wet from tears. “I’m sorry!” She shouted back. She quickly rose the gun to her head, her hands trembling, and pulled the trigger.

Blood and brains flew everywhere. I got to her and landed on the floor, scratching my knees. I looked at her body and felt tears swell up in my eyes. I picked up her light body, and held her close to my chest. I rocked back and forth, screaming. Her blood ran down her neck and onto my hands.

I saw the light pole get a little brighter, then back to its normal light. I looked back down at her. Her eyes were wide open, still a beautiful green. “Kat… why’d you do it?” I whispered.

“Oh my god…” I heard behind me. I turned around to see Darry, and the rest… What was left of the gang behind him.

“She killed herself.” I said, almost choking on my words.

“Why us?” Steve asked shaking. “We lost three fucking people today!” He shouted, shaking.

“You guys should go call the fuzz.” I said, looking back down at Kat. She’s still pretty as ever.

“Sure, kid.” Darry said turning around, with Steve following him.

I touched her hand, it was a cold. The blood on my hands started drying. I didn’t want to leave her body here alone. It just didn’t feel right.

A few minutes later cop cars started pulling up. Before the fuzz got out, I closed her eyes and kissed her cheek.

They put her body on a stretcher, to take I don’t know where. A cop came up to me, with a pen and notepad. “So what happened?” He asked, sighing.

I got a good look at his face, he was the one who was there, shooting at Dallas. “I don’t know, you tell me.” I said through my teeth. I had them clenched so hard it hurt.

He looked at me, then the body, and where we were. “She was that girl who yelled at me.” He said shrugging his shoulders.

“She killed herself, cause she lost her friend and her boyfriend you moron.” I said impatiently.

The cop rolled his eyes. “This happens a lot, kiddo. Girl goes crazy cause her boyfriend dies. Dallas Winston needed to be put away anyway, he caused too much trouble.” He said, shaking his head and writing stuff down.”

I clenched my fist, and punched him. “How dare you!” I screamed. Breathing heavily.

The cop grabbed his jaw, stepping back. “You better beat it before I lock your ass up.” He said, giving me a daring look.

“My pleasure.” I said taking off to my house. The gate was open, so I opened the front door.

I closed it behind me, and saw Darry in his chair. “Steve left.” He said, rubbing his eyes.

I nodded. “I had a feeling.” I said. “Where’s Pony?” I asked, looking around.

“He’s asleep. Got a fever. Kept asking if someone was sick.” He said shaking his head. “I can’t believe Kat did that.” He sighed.

I sat down on the couch and looked at my hands. They were both red, with a few scratches from the rumble. I stood up and walked to the bathroom. I tried to wash my hands, but it just got lighter. I started scrubbing harder and harder, but it just wouldn’t go away completely. I threw down the soap bar, and hunched over the sink.

I looked up in the mirror. I had a huge bruise on my cheek and a cut on my lip. I also had blood stains on my clothes, I couldn’t tell which came from where. I traced the bruise with my finger, and sighed. I took off my shirt and left it on the floor.

I hobbled back to the living room, and saw Darry passed out on the couch. I shook him. “Darry… You should head to bed.” I whispered, trying not to startle him.

He opened his eyes and looked at me. He yawned and stood up, patted me on the back, and headed towards his room.

I went to the bedroom I shared with Ponyboy. He was sprawled out on the bed, sweating. I went to the bathroom and got a wet cold cloth. I went back to him, and sat on the bed. I wiped off the blood from his face, and left the cloth on his forehead, trying to cool him off.

After a few moments, Pony moaned. “I heard more crying…” He groaned.

I swallowed hard. “Kat killed herself.” I said.

Pony sighed. “I’m tired of losing people, Soda.” He said, keeping his eyes shut tight.

I rubbed his arm. “I am too, buddy.” I said. “Go back to sleep.” I said after a minute.

Pony nodded, turned his head, and snored.

I shook my head and laid down next to him. I put my arm behind my head and looked at the ceiling. “I know you’re asleep. But I just gotta get this off my chest.” I whispered, not wanting to wake him. “I really liked Kat… She was like Sandy, you know? She wasn’t a normal greaser, almost a Soc. I was a little jealous Dally got her. But I couldn’t do anything, man. She loved him.” I said, closing my eyes and sighing.

“I know I helped their problems, because I had Sandy almost the whole time. But now she’s gone. When Dallas died, I wanted to heal Kat, and have her heal me from Sandy.” I felt my eyes burning up. “Then she had to go and kill herself.” I shook my head, and laid down on my side.

I have a feeling I’m not getting any sleep tonight.