Taken

Darcy's P.O.V

My head hurts

Why is my bed so uncomfortable?

Where am I?

Why am I so hungry?

My mind was full of questions the second I woke. I hadn't bothered opening my eyes yet though. And my head was really thumping, it felt heavy and every now and then my thoughts would become hazy.

I was confused, beyond the point of having a single clue on my whereabouts.

How did I get here?

I was once again questioning, but receiving no answers.

Think Darcy, think!

And like a flood in my own head, a flood of memories, I was drowning, gasping for air.

It was him

He got me

He has taken me

I have been kidnapped again

I will never be saved

I was in a state of physical paralysation, yet my mind was at full speed.

My optimistic thoughts had been replaced with the darkest.

No hope

FEAR

And in seconds I had fallen to the ground and my eyes were still shut.

I scrambled backwards, attempting to corner myself and hide without opening my eyes.

I was scared.

Beyond terrified.

It was all happening again.

His eyes, the image was burned into my brain. It was all I could think about. That smirk he wore so easily on his twisted and evil face. The face of torture, and hell.

Any minute now the devil would waltz in and beat me till I was half dead.

Any second now.

I was just waiting.

And it wasn't till I realised I was shaking that I noticed I was cold and I had been crying subconsciously.

How long have I been here?

What is he going to do with me?

More questions and I was still confused.

I sat silently for a while before regaining my senses and listening to my surroundings.

Silence.

But if I strained my hearing I could hear the muffled sound of something.

Or someone.

And I started shaking again, my teeth were shattering and heart thumping. My breathing quick and I was hyperventilating.

God help me please.

And I was praying that I was just dreaming but it was reality.

Unfortunately.

Dan's P.O.V

I woke from a dreamless sleep, finding myself lying against a hard bench.

I had fallen asleep in the mental hospital.

Within seconds my eyes were wide and I was scanning Darcy's room, only to find her still asleep in her little bed. But she had moved slightly from her last position, this time her head faced the other way.

That was a good sign right?

"Morning" A deep voice greeted from behind me and I quickly span in my chair to face the doctor whose attention was clearly drawn to the papers still on his desk.

"Good morning, anything happen overnight?" I asked, yawning halfway. Dr Hodgons shook his head.

"No, her body is fine though, she did shift at about three am. Other than that we can only hope she will wake up soon" I focused back on Darcy, the way the blanket on her chest would rise and fall with her steady breathing. Is Darcy dreaming? I wondered.

Suddenly I remembered Phil out of nowhere. I hadn't gone home last night, he must be worried sick! I hurriedly searched my pockets until I realised I had been holding my phone the entire time.

I frantically switched it on before the doctor stopped me in my tracks.

"Don't worry Dan ,I phoned him last night to tell him you had fallen asleep. He just told me to make sure you eat this morning" I internally exhaled with relief. No wonder Phil hadn't already phoned the police or whatever.

"Thanks, he would have been worried sick" The doctor laughed and continued his work whilst I drew my attention to her, to Darcy.

Wake up!

The sooner you wake up the sooner you can be assessed and medicated and we can be together again!

But of course she lay still and an hour went by.

And another.

And I was beginning to become uncontrollably impatient.

COME ON!

WAKE UP!                                                                                                                                                                                   

But my prayers were never answered.

"Look Dan, I don't think Darcy will wake in five minutes, why don't you pop down the street and get some lunch? Or you could even head down to the cafeteria? I'll give you a free pass if you want it?" I sighed, not really wanting to get up.

Any second now, I thought.

But the doctor was right, I needed food and I needed fresh air.

"Thanks for the offer but I think I'll walk to the dairy, text me if anything happens yeah?" I asked, standing up and stretching my body after sitting for so long.

"Sure thing" he agreed and I left the building, persuading myself that 5 minutes is a short amount of time and she couldn't possible wake up now.

But if she did I would be both relieved and angry.